NYC Head-Fi Meet at Grado Labs - Saturday, November 8th !
Sep 29, 2003 at 2:35 PM Post #46 of 195
Jefemeister told me there is a chance that Wadia will be providing a source for the meet. I'll keep you guys posted.

I'll bring:

Grado HP-2
AKG K-1000
Senn HD-600
--
Gilmore Reference amp (if it ever gets finished)/otherwise a V2
norh se9
--
equinox for K1000
Cardas Neutral Reference RCA
--
Whatever source I have at the time, plus Nomad Zen and some PCDP's (E805 and D777, maybe D303)

Looking forward to meeting you guys. Thanks for working to put this together. Bozebuttons please bring your Omega 2's! I am looking foward to my first electrostatic headphone experience.

Ian, I'll bring my Nomad Zen--if there is a file you want me to load onto it let me know beforehand and we can do a comparison.

Sep 29, 2003 at 3:13 PM Post #47 of 195
i'll have a nad541, if you feel that is good enough i'll bring it : ]

actually the dac1, with any source should sound like a real high end source. So I can bring both the dac1 and the nad.

Sep 29, 2003 at 3:44 PM Post #48 of 195
mjg, please do bring the NAD. I would like to hear it, and I'm sure others do too. Meets aren't all about listening to the esoteric stuff you can't afford (although its fun), but listening to the stuff you are actually interested in buying too. So don't not bring stuff because its not the ultimate in high end.

Sep 29, 2003 at 4:04 PM Post #49 of 195
My gear is generally all portable type stuff. Will there be any interest in hearing that or do you guys primarily want to play with the big toys?

I'm happy to just bring my ears but I can bring some stuff that I've seen discussed in the forums:

MZ-R50 MiniDisc player, known for a good line out.

Archos Studio 10, not really discussed but Ian suggested some kind of MP3 comparison.

SuperMini version 6.2C with digital pot and crossfeed.

Portable Meta42 which is kind of middle of the road but it might be interesting, at least for me, to see how it stacks up against some beefier amps.

Various portable headphones such as the D66, PX200, E2, PortaPros and KSC 35.

I do want to bring my DT 931 so I can see how they sound out of a "real system".

I also have a Tripp Lite Isobar 6 plug power strip/surge protector, which is supposed to do a good job of filtering outside line noise.

Let me know if any of this will be useful.

Sep 29, 2003 at 4:59 PM Post #50 of 195
Canman
I will be bringing 4 electrostatic phones,
OmegaIIs, Senn HE90, Senn He60 and also Stax Srx mkIII if they are not sold.
Mjg ,Yes bring the Nad.

Sep 29, 2003 at 5:48 PM Post #51 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by bozebuttons
Canman
I will be bringing 4 electrostatic phones,
OmegaIIs, Senn HE90, Senn He60 and also Stax Srx mkIII if they are not sold.

biggrin.gif
Thanks bozebuttons, there is not a smile big enough for this. Can't wait!
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2003 at 6:06 PM Post #52 of 195
Originally posted by erikzen
My gear is generally all portable type stuff. Will there be any interest in hearing that or do you guys primarily want to play with the big toys?

Do bring your portable gear,Meets are about listening to all types of gear . Not only the high end stuff .
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #55 of 195
Quote:

I will be bringing 4 electrostatic phones, OmegaIIs, Senn HE90, Senn He60 and also Stax Srx mkIII if they are not sold.

bozebuttons - I praise you !
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'll bring RKV MkII, Cardased HD600/Stock 580, and ART DI/O

Sep 30, 2003 at 7:18 AM Post #56 of 195
I can bring a Cary 306/200 CDP...with slightly broken in MDR-R10's (to do a electrostatic/dynamic shootout)...with some Cardas Neutral Reference IC's.

I've never been to a meet before (other than motorcycle and airplane)...how do you keep the stuff separated? Do we need
to bring our own tables, or tag names on our equipment like we did with socks and underwear in camp?

Sep 30, 2003 at 2:55 PM Post #57 of 195
wow, i can't wait to hear r10s in person. I can't believe so many of you are bringing those!

My friend was warning me not to come, he said I'll hate all of my equipment afterwards, I hope he's wrong! : ]

Sep 30, 2003 at 4:18 PM Post #58 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by immtbiker

I've never been to a meet before (other than motorcycle and airplane)...how do you keep the stuff separated? Do we need
to bring our own tables, or tag names on our equipment like we did with socks and underwear in camp? [/B]

No need for tables, But it is a good Idea to tag your gear in some way as there will be duplicates at the meet usually in the headphone dept.Also bring a few cds you are familiar with so you have a point of referance when you listen to differant gear.

Oct 1, 2003 at 2:22 AM Post #60 of 195
Damn,

This sounds like a sweet meet. I would love to come down, but my girlfriend in Phili would be super pissed if I drove all that way for headphones and not her
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, I'm still planning on sending a couple of sources out to you guys. Unfortunately, I can't promise anything. If not, it sounds like you guys still have enough to keep you busy.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back