NYC Head-Fi Meet at Grado Labs - Saturday, November 8th !
Sep 24, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #31 of 195
Yo,
this native Brooklyn boy
biggrin.gif
would love to be included!
Thanks.
Jorge

Sep 25, 2003 at 12:09 AM Post #32 of 195
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
I would love to come up to NY again, listen to gear and talk more to everyone. Alas, I need to be in New Orleans for work on that weekend
frown.gif
I'm gonna be forced to drown my regrets in some of the fine establishments on Bourbon St.
very_evil_smiley.gif
Maybe next time...
smily_headphones1.gif

Hirsch, you're not allowed to come until you get a cell phone, LOL.

It's too bad you can't come. Our car ride together from Penn Station to the meet was the equivalent of an audio clinic for me.

Sep 27, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #35 of 195
I was born on turdy turd and turd in Canarsie...Youse guys will see me dere. Keep me informed. I can bring r-10's.

Sep 28, 2003 at 2:32 AM Post #36 of 195
hey, i just noticed this. I've been dying to hear all of the great stuff all you guys always talk about. I have what is considered pretty typical equipment here, but would gladly bring it (and love to hear it out of your stuff as well!)

Where exactly in brooklyn is this?

Sep 28, 2003 at 6:15 PM Post #37 of 195
having missed the last one, i would very much like to go too.
biggrin.gif
dunno what i can bring since i'm sure everyone has/had cans i have now, but i can bring some classic PCDP if anyone is interested...

Sep 29, 2003 at 2:05 AM Post #40 of 195
I couldn't make the May meet so I'd love to go this time. I'm putting it down on the calendar now!
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2003 at 6:01 AM Post #42 of 195
what shall i bring?
i have an emmeline hr2, benchmark dac1, cd3000s
and soon atw1000s
I dont want to bring what others have already (especially if i have to lug it there)

I'll need a source too, i suppose someone will have that stuff there for us to share?

Sep 29, 2003 at 12:43 PM Post #43 of 195
There will be plenty of amps at the meet, Sources will be needed the most. So if you can supply a good source that will be helpfull.
I have been setting up to have gear supplied for the meet.
Anthony at Abeerden Audio is supplying us with a High End
Audiomeca Cd Player.
Also Larry(binary-digit) will be supplying us with one of his Larocca PPLs(looking foward to hearing this)
I also am working on getting some other gear for the meet.
Highwaystar is also arranging for gear for the meet.
I will also be bringing my own personal gear that has not been to a meet yet.

Sep 29, 2003 at 12:58 PM Post #44 of 195
Heres what I can bring:

Pioneer 563A>Perreaux>CD3000 setup
Pioneer Dolby Headphone>Panasonic LA95 Portable DVD setup
Archos>CHA>Eggo D66 setup

and an extra powerstrip

Sep 29, 2003 at 2:32 PM Post #45 of 195
Is somebody going to bring portable MP3 players? Maybe we can do iPod, Zen, Rio Karma, and more comparisions. We'd have to have the exact same files loaded on each before hand though. That will require coordination for those interested. I can bring my Rio Karma and 3rd gen iPod (if I havn't sold it yet).

How about a DAC shootout? I can bring my ART DI/O.

And um, I can bring the one and only NEC CDROM
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back