NYC Bi-Annual Meet March 3rd
Dec 15, 2006 at 11:48 AM Post #32 of 808
I'm in. No roller hockey to conflict with
280smile.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #33 of 808
If too many people are working on Saturday (at least 2 are) then Sunday is do-able. But for those who want to "party like it's 1995" and go to Breakdown Records and Wiggles, we can still do that on Saturday night. The hotel manager is going to call me back today and I will find out the options.

I know church groups take the next room on Sundays (which in a way is live music
biggrin.gif
)...they end early, but the Scrabble group was a better neighbor.

There are 2 other rooms in the other building too, but I think the rooms were a little smaller.

Scrabble tournaments...who knew. Silly hobbyists
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #35 of 808
I think I'm in if we can hit this vinyl store...I'm foaming at the mouth for some new records. Is this record shop big with tons of new and used records?

Weather will play a factor as well...February is usually a hellish month. I'll probably bring my iriver>HE60/HEV70 only to cutdown on carrying stuff around.

Dec 15, 2006 at 4:12 PM Post #36 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, excuse us!!!

Hope you have fun, man. Knowing you, it won't be too hard to find all sorts of trouble to get yourself into.

i'll be okay as long as i stay away from you & the So. Fla. crowd.
rs1smile.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 4:15 PM Post #37 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'll be okay as long as i stay away from you & the So. Fla. crowd.
rs1smile.gif

We will see you in NYC.
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #38 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps Machead's upgraded RKV-MkII+EC/DC can make it to the meet. Sounds very juicy with his very-well burned-in K701s, and should be fun to compare with Crystal Cable upgraded 701s as well -- if they make it to the meet.

OK, I can take a hint...
Count me in; and Peter, feel free to bring along any of my gear...
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Ok, to be completely honest, it will depend on the weather! I'm telling the truth. Every time I've been anywhere near cold weather (NY or Chicago) during the past 5 years, I've cought a nasty cold that took me weeks and sometimes even months to get rid of.

Not sure why, but Cayman is not a good place to recover from a cold. It lingers forever in the form of a scratchy throat and a lot of coughing/gagging. There is nothing I can take to help me get rid of it. In fact, I'll be lucky to get over the one I caught at Thanksgiving by February!

Colds don't linger very long in NYC's winter weather, so why don't you just stick around until it's gone, then return to Cayman. Aaron won't mind, will he?
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #39 of 808
Oh, I'm in. Where is this place? Queens (you said 20 minute LIRR ride from Penn)? I live on Long Island, so this would be a piece of cake for me to get to. What station, and what date? Not that I'll have much gear to share with people, but it'd be loads of fun to hear other folks' setups, and put some faces to names.

And this time the meet won't interfere with my WEDDING. Last one was the day before my wedding, dagnabbit!
tongue.gif

Looking forward to it!

Dec 15, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #40 of 808
Quote:

sorry. i'll probably be in costa rica the entire month of february if all goes as planned.

Some people will be sad and some people will be pleased.
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #43 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are the costa rican authorities aware of this?

No...he's actually sneaking in on a mule through a neighboring country. Chuck Norris and the Delta Force are going to have to extract him.

I hear the trees in Costa Rica make excellent toothpicks and they don't wear other people's deodorant there
wink.gif

Dec 16, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #44 of 808
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm interested in joining in the festivities but february with it's potentially awful weather worries me a bit.
Wayne, what show in may are you referring to? is that the stereophile show or is it something else? after all THE Show is the alternative (to ces) high end show in vegas.

Yes, the Home Electronics Show.

Dec 16, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #45 of 808
It's coming back to NY after making a 1 year hiatus in Cali.

Stereophile stated that the H.E. show was losing a lot of $$$ and attendence, so they moved it west, and I'm not sure why they think that this year (2007) it will be different.

Quote:

that is a c.o.s.!!

Crock of sh-itake mushrooms?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back