NYC "Area" Headphonatics Anonymous Fall Meet Poll
Jul 2, 2014 at 12:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Mullet

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys...

Long story short. I've moved from Brooklyn to CT. I'm planning to move the meet closer to where I live, but still in a reasonable spot, which is still considered the NYC Area. I've got a hold on a place in Stamford, CT for November 15th. Before I seal the deal I wanted to put a poll out there to see what others are thinking. This venue will provide free parking; has a shuttle that runs from the Stamford Train Station -- 40min to an hour by train from Grand Central; is an hour-ish from major NYC area airports; has hotel rooms at a reasonable rate; and has enough power and space to fit us all in.

So here's the poll...

Jul 3, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 30
Hmmmm... :blink:Maybe it should be the Tri-State Area Meet? But either way I'll be on that Merritt Parkway...

Jul 3, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #5 of 30
oleg,

Not to get into a silly semantic argument... but nor is Babylon, NY in NYC. Nor is NJ -- where NYC area meets have been held in the past. Stamford, CT is considered to be in the NYC metro area.

According to Wikipedia... "Approximately 30 miles from Manhattan, Stamford is in the Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk Metro area which is a part of the Greater New York metropolitan area."

No worries though. Bigger and better things are to come of this... So most likely you won't need to take a 45min train ride to Stamford.

Jul 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #7 of 30
I think a meet in Stamford is a good idea. Easily accessible from the north & south by public transport or by car.

Call it whatever you want.

Jul 3, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #8 of 30
I think it could be worth a shot if enough people wouldn't mind going. It could bring about some new faces. Of course Queens or Babylon is much more convenient for me :)

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #9 of 30
Guys I spoke with Mullet and I am working with Scott and Audio360 buddies third_eye and warrenpchi to organize a huge meet somewhere in NY, probably in Queens.We are hoping to have a date set up for sometime in November. We would like to have a Super Meet like LA and San Francisco with lots of vendors and 200-300 NY area Members attend. We will keep everyone posted.

Jul 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #10 of 30
Hi everyone, SoCal Head-Fier here, but I would love to visit NY again and meet all of you.  If you wouldn't mind having us, third_eye and I would love to work with Frank to organize a NY meet.  We have a reasonable amount of experience with meets and shows...

...so I don't think we'll mess it up too badly. 
redface.gif

Jul 4, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #11 of 30
Like Frank said. We briefly spoke a few days back. I was filling the vacuum because Fall meets seemed to be going extinct. Like I hinted at in my earlier post, I'm all for having something that is better organized with more vendors and higher overall turnout. There is no reason the NYC area can't have something bigger and better like our brethren on the left coast.

Stay tuned for more information in the weeks and months to come.

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #13 of 30
Sign me up. NYC is only a 1.5 hr ride away. :D

Jul 7, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #15 of 30
  Like Frank said. We briefly spoke a few days back. I was filling the vacuum because Fall meets seemed to be going extinct.

And from reading Frank's show reports about the meet, doing a pretty darned good job of it too. 
smile.gif
  It'll be great workin' with ya.

I'm all for having something that is better organized with more vendors and higher overall turnout. There is no reason the NYC area can't have something bigger and better like our brethren on the left coast.
Great idea, hopefully it's will be at least as good as SoCal meet i read about

Lol guys, I think it's widely acknowledged that there are more Head-Fiers in NY than anywhere else in the country.  Hopefully what we do will be worthy of that. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back