NY Area Fall Meet, Nov 14, 2009, Harrison NY - It's Official!
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #136 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilSoundGuy 7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, it's a deal. Can you drive a manual, 300hp turbocharged car?

that can't be much harder than my 90hp automatic, can it? i'm betting yours at least has decent breaks
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:40 PM Post #137 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that can't be much harder than my 90hp automatic, can it? i'm betting yours at least has decent breaks
biggrin.gif

Maybe if you weren't pre-ordering Woo Audio WES Maxxed amps you could afford a brake job.
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #138 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

heh, I'm sure my car is easier to drive but it's also much easier to get yourself into trouble with. Sometimes I wonder if I should be driving a 90hp car so I don't even have to option of going above 65.

Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe if you weren't pre-ordering Woo Audio WES Maxxed amps you could afford a brake job.
tongue.gif

I guess I'm the luckier one in this case because I got into cars before I got into good audio. I do really want a WooAudio 3 though.

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #139 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvilSoundGuy 7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright, it's a deal. Can you drive a manual, 300hp turbocharged car?

It would be a downgrade, but yes I can!
wink_face.gif

TwoBrothers1.jpg

Oct 8, 2009 at 12:50 AM Post #140 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It would be a downgrade, but yes I can!
wink_face.gif

Touche!

Unless there's snow... in which case the tables are turned
biggrin.gif

(Even though I can't remember the last time it snowed in november)

8826893.jpg

Oct 8, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #141 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am going to set the pace for the Silent Auction by offering a Tripp Lite PDUMH20ATNET. A Switched, Metered PDU with ATS - Power Distribution Unit with dual-input Auto Transfer Switching, individual outlet control and SNMP network interface.

-!Tripp%20Lite%20Metered%20PDU%20with%20Automatic%20Transfer%20Switching%20PDUMH20ATNET%20power%20distribution%20unit%202400%20VA%20--image.jpg

*1U rackmount PDU with digital current monitoring display

*20A 120V capacity with 16 NEMA 5-15/20R outlets

*Connects to NEMA 5-20R and locking L5-20R receptacle

*Integrated Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) allows PDU to operate from secondary input source when primary input fails

*Sequential outlet power-on prevents inrush-related equipment interaction on startup

*Programmable or real-time monitoring and outlet power control via secure web/network interface

Tripp Lite's 120V 20A metered PDU system with Automatic Transfer Switching (ATS) is a 16 outlet PDU with a digital display to indicate total PDU power consumption in amps. Outlets are sequentially turned-on at 250 millisecond intervals when the PDU is first energized from an unpowered state to prevent inrush-related equipment interaction on startup. Installed web/network monitoring card enables remote power monitoring and control. Remotely displays status of input power, load capacity, and outlet power status via secure network or web browswer interface. Offers individual outlet control to power on, off, or cycle AC output to regain control of locked-up servers and other network devices. Load ramping and shedding provides automatic power management. Supports notification and logging of input power status, event notification, output power and load conditions. Supports 1U rackmount installation in a 2 or 4 post racks. Included are 16 NEMA 5-15/20R outlets, and optional-use dual cords for auto- transfer switching (ATS) options. Each input plug supports 5-20P and L5-20P input.

MSRP $879

The unit is brand new in the box, except that I took it out and tried to figure out what to do with it for a while but as far as I know it has never even been plugged in. Mostly because who knows what the hell to plug it into. I'm donating it because my boss gave it to me but I have no idea what to do with it.

I am setting the reserve at $50.

That's basically a really, really fancy power strip.

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #142 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's basically a really, really fancy power strip.

That's right, and a Ferrari is just a really fancy car. What's your point.

It's a very generous donation for the auction. Someone is going to steal that fancy power strip for something over $50 with the proceeds going to the room.

Way to dig deep Erik
beerchug.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #143 of 457
I would like to come to the meet. I will bring my Benchmark DAC1 USB and hope to bring my newly ordered Auraliti Digital Music Player as the source. I saw this at RMAF, and thought it was neat. If they don't deliver it in time, I'll bring some other computer oriented source.

I'm new to the world of high quality headphone audio, so I'm looking forward to hearing others gear and meeting members of the community.

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #144 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-Direct will attend the meet.

HM-801 portable player
HE-5 orthordynamic headphones
RE-252 IEM.

Looking forward to hearing the HE-5.
smily_headphones1.gif

ALSO, if anyone has PS1000, ED.8, or 404LE -- Please BRING!!

Thanks

Oct 11, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #145 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...It's a very generous donation for the auction. Someone is going to steal that fancy power strip for something over $50 with the proceeds going to the room...Way to dig deep Erik

I'm putting $60 on the sheet as soon as I walk in, so 'ya gotta beat that.

PS: I have no use for it either, but the second Thursday of every month my buds get together for our regular "who has the plug strip with the highest MSRP" contest and bench press competition ... I would like to win one of the two events.

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #146 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by krisstack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to come to the meet. I will bring my Benchmark DAC1 USB and hope to bring my newly ordered Auraliti Digital Music Player as the source. I saw this at RMAF, and thought it was neat. If they don't deliver it in time, I'll bring some other computer oriented source.

I'm new to the world of high quality headphone audio, so I'm looking forward to hearing others gear and meeting members of the community.

I just listened to the Benchmark DAC1 USB with a pair of HD600's at AES and it sounded great. I'm interested to hear what it's like with my 650's.

Oct 11, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #147 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking forward to hearing the HE-5.
smily_headphones1.gif

The HE-s is a top notch headphone,''i just hope Fang can keep up wih the demand of the orders that are going to be placed on this bad boy. Is is an outstand headphone. It needs a high power amp to power it though.

Wimpy amps need not apply. I have been satisfied with my HR Deskop, my Luxman, my Raptor and my EF-1
I have been disappointed wih my Apmphora, my portables (Mustang, Tomahawk, Portaphile) and my EF2.
Even though they're are very low impedance, the inductance factor plays an important role in moving those magnets.

The air and the separation and the bass are superb. Comfort is an all day wearer, but due to the weight if the magnets, they are not a headphone pillow that you can lay down with, even using my famous Aaron 2 pillow method.
It has replaced my HD800's as my number one wearer for home stereo.
My JH-13's are still my headphones of choice for portability, though.

Oct 11, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #148 of 457
Quote:

The HE-s is a top notch headphone...I have been satisfied with my HR Deskop, my Luxman, my Raptor and my EF-1 ...

HE-5 and EF-1 would be an all-Head-Direct solution, interesting. What 12AU7 did you use, and is the OpAmp stock or rolled? Interesting too that you prefer it to the 800, it's like $1K less.

Oct 11, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #149 of 457
Quote:

The HE-s is a top notch headphone ... It has replaced my HD800's as my number one wearer for home stereo.

can't wait to hear them. why is the meet so far away.
angry_face.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back