NY Area Fall Meet, Nov 14, 2009, Harrison NY - It's Official!
Sep 29, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #76 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a decent chance I can actually make this meet. Haven't been to a NY meet since the '06 National Meet, so I'm a bit overdue. I'll have to check to see if it's possible to get routed through NY because I'll be traveling to Europe the week before and will still be on the company's nickel on the way back (and don't want to push my luck!). So it's probably a 50:50 chance at this point.

OMG SANTA IS COMING!!!

Wayne, you are seriously overdue for an NY meet. Really hope you can make it!

Sep 29, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #77 of 457
I will be bringing:
Meridian G08 balanced out to Luxman P-1, Co-ax'd out to Cary Xciter DAC to something (EF-1, Raptor, GES...but I'm sure Jack will probably have one there).

Head-Direct's HE-5 (one of the best headphones that I've ever heard...seriously)
HD-800 (if there won't already be 10 of them there)
Jades, if I bring the GES.

Sep 30, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #78 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will be bringing:
Meridian G08 balanced out to Luxman P-1, Co-ax'd out to Cary Xciter DAC to something (EF-1, Raptor, GES...but I'm sure Jack will probably have one there).

Head-Direct's HE-5 (one of the best headphones that I've ever heard...seriously)
HD-800 (if there won't already be 10 of them there)
Jades, if I bring the GES.

At the NJ meet in July Jack did not bring a GES, he brought a WES. I think my GES was the only one at that meet.

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #79 of 457
Ironically, Jack just left my house with his WES to take with him to RMAF.

I am still wiping the tears from my eyes. I put in an order for a WES (no Siltech wiring though
tongue.gif
) and my GES will go to a good home.

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #80 of 457
Quote:

Ironically, Jack just left my house with his WES to take with him to RMAF.

I am still wiping the tears from my eyes. I put in an order for a WES (no Siltech wiring though
tongue.gif
) and my GES will go to a good home.

did you go for the v-caps? I knew there was no way the consumer whore inside of me would let me go any other way
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #81 of 457
Could I be added to the maybe list please? If I can get the time off from work I would love to be there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #82 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by El_Doug /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you go for the v-caps? I knew there was no way the consumer whore inside of me would let me go any other way
biggrin.gif

He's going to give me a possible list of upgrades and prices, but I'd rather not have to pimp out my wife and daughter in the name of finer audio
smile.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:23 AM Post #83 of 457
Quote:

He's going to give me a possible list of upgrades and prices,

the amp already comes with top of the line resistors... i'd be very interested in hearing what kind of upgrades he suggests! unless, of course, he is referring only to blackgates in the power supply, in which case I don't feel any loss
biggrin.gif

Quote:

I'd rather not have to pimp out my wife and daughter in the name of finer audio
smile.gif

i see SOMEONE is not a true audiophile...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #85 of 457
am about 90% that I'll be there. I don't have too much good gear that's all that portable (hopefully there'll be some newbs) but I've got vinyl out the ears, so I'll bring some to work that 1200mk3 with.

My list has changed a little, instead of the gamma2 I'll be bringing the Firestone Fireye II. Hopefully mini3 will be complete by then.

If we're still doing the raffle/auction, my company will donate two laptop sleeves for that, retail ~$45 ish each.

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #86 of 457
I've been lurking for about the last 2 months, and I'd love the opportunity to attend, meet some of the gents that make the site what it is, listen to a range of equipment, and get some firsthand opinions on next steps.

After starting with a HD595 and iBasso D2 Viper about a month ago, I've been absolutely floored by the detail, clarity, and sounds I'd never heard before. Now I'm itching to take it to the next step, but with only a single frame of reference I'm uncertain as to what level that next step should be. Would my ears, sources, and wallet be better served with something like a HD650 and Audio-GD Compass? Or would I get my money's worth out of putting on my big-boy pants and stepping up to something like a HD800 and complementary amp? $%&! it, this was the worst website I could have stumbled upon!

As for having equipment to offer, I'll bring the HD595 and iBasso D2 in case anyone for some reason would be interested to have a listen.

As for the auction, the most I can offer is a bottle of single malt scotch. On the other hand, I may just throw some cash into the hat and use the scotch to ply some candid opinions out of some of the attendees!
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #87 of 457
i will also be bringing my newly acquired north star 192 cd transport to feed
my red wine audio isabellina hpa
its really sweeeeeet!
i cant wait to get vinnies impressions !

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:05 PM Post #88 of 457
I'll come too. Will probably bring some of my gear (γ2; β22+22; MSSH, LCDuino1, HD650, diyModNano g2 and some of my arduino gadgets too. If speakers are not forbidden I can bring my µFonkens too).

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #89 of 457
Since I will be coming a little late If there is room I will bring.
Source
Phillips Sacd 1000 or VSE level 5 modded Sony DVP9000es
Amp
Dared 300b monos
Headphones
AKG1000
Maybe ASL adapter to run other Headphones off the Dared 300bs

Also if we can get the JH universals for the meet,I will bring MY 5.5g mod/PRII combo to Check Them out on & then hide Wallet.

Sep 30, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #90 of 457
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeraHz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If speakers are not forbidden I can bring my µFonkens too).

It'll be noisy enough as it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back