Nuraphones!! anyone tried them ?
Oct 2, 2018 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

alokjuyal

Head-Fier

Have been hearing a lot of buzz around these headphones. I shall try to audition them if they are available in Singapore but curious if someone on head-fi has tried these!

Oct 3, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #2 of 13
Nice video! It explains without explaining anything! What exactly is it "hearing back"? The size of your ear canal? The space between your ears? What exactly is it adjusting? Response? Time? No way to know. But we know that the iPhone interface is as easy as "set it and forget it"!

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #3 of 13
True, everything about it screams 'gimmick'! But its new and so someone must give it a shot :) I am surprised I haven't seen any posts. All compares on the "reviews" is vs the sports cans. Nothing serious yet

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 13
Last edited:
Oct 10, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #5 of 13
Some chatter from owners here, make of it what you will :-

https://www.avforums.com/threads/any-experience-with-nuraphones.2134022/[/QUOTE]

Thank you @taffy2207! The AV forums link was interesting and with compares to the K550 and SR325i, I got a better sense of where in the headphone tiers they might sit. Of course nothing beats trying them yourself which I shall get around to do. My Stax and Roxannes can rest easy for now it seems, these Nuraphones aren't changing the world just yet but its great to see new designs and experiments. Entry-level and entry-level+ audio is getting better for people who do some research and we are all better off for it.

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 13
Of course nothing beats trying them yourself which I shall get around to do.

If you do, make sure you get a no questions asked refund guarantee, because it smells to high heaven of snake oil hyperbole to me.

Oct 10, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #7 of 13
it does indeed :beerchug:

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 13
This is a funny headphone. It's an iem, but it looks like an headphone? I don't see the practicality. Looking at the interior, there are outlet ports, and the app does say feel the music. I guess for outputting waves for tactile feel around the ears? At least it does some noise cancelling. They should explain how their radical technology works in tuning the headphones. There is no way you can tune an output response like that. You'd have to get a customized measurement of your hearing response, and then EQ the headphone accordingly. True-Fi like EQ profiles of certain headphones are the closest we have, and it's based on a generalized target curve, not precisely specific to individual ears. We can estimate ok with parametric EQ and headphone measurements as well.

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:36 AM Post #9 of 13
Someone on another forum has just received these headphones, let me see what they say!!

Nov 12, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #10 of 13
The only technology I can think of along those lines that would be valid is something that presses right against your auditory nerve as it comes down behind the bottom of your earlobe and stimulates it. Even then it would require a massive technology breakthrough for that to sound natural--you'd have to emulate everything that goes on from the outer ear to the tympanic membrane to the ear fluid to the hairs in your ears and the cochlea and then stimulates the auditory nerve in the normal way. This is all lay-understanding on my part so if there's a doctor in the house please feel free to correct, refine or clarify as necessary. The more I think about it the more I think it sounds totally 22nd century. I don't think we're there technology-wise yet.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #11 of 13
I use different headfones for different mood. When I relaxing at home, I prefer listening the music often without headfones, but when I'm working (I'm a writer), like now when Iwrite a guide [link deleted], I take my headphones Phillips. Perhaps it's not so great and expensive, but they work alreadt more than 2 years.

My iPad gives a warning about the link you provided and won’t let me go there, FWIW.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #12 of 13
My iPad gives a warning about the link you provided and won’t let me go there, FWIW.

Safari on the iPlatform has gotten overly sensitive lately to sites that can fit into the category of malware because they have embedded content. In the case of the link in question, there is a PDF file embedded in the page that is probably triggering Safari's content filter.

Examining the site, it doesn't appear to contain actual malware or adware. No big deal, but if you're interested (and have normal malware protection enabled on another device), it appears safe.

Nov 12, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #13 of 13
Safari on the iPlatform has gotten overly sensitive lately to sites that can fit into the category of malware because they have embedded content. In the case of the link in question, there is a PDF file embedded in the page that is probably triggering Safari's content filter.

Examining the site, it doesn't appear to contain actual malware or adware. No big deal, but if you're interested (and have normal malware protection enabled on another device), it appears safe.

This is super interesting for this particular case, as to my iPad, and in terms of cyber security in general. Thanks.

I was a little extra-concerned because the nature of the writing in the post in question was not what I would think of as commensurate with the writing skills of someone who would write an academic paper. Nor was the subject of the post remotely on-topic.

[I deleted the link from my quote of the post above just in case.]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back