Number 1 rated earbuds.
Aug 22, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #16 of 29
So does this mean that my earbuds suck and I did waste my money on them??? I mean they did cost me around $200 you know. Well the retail price is $300. Are my earbuds really not worth $300 like Sony have them for?

Aug 22, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by lcswoosh05 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So does this mean that my earbuds suck and I did waste my money on them??? I mean they did cost me around $200 you know. Well the retail price is $300. Are my earbuds really not worth $300 like Sony have them for?

As long as you think they sound good to you... You only know is something is good/bad in comparison, anyway.

Aug 22, 2009 at 2:44 AM Post #18 of 29
If you like them they can't be bad, but it's possible you could get something better for the same money or much better for more (and in some cases, better for less). Just because something isn't the best doesn't mean it automatically sucks.. if that were the case, then most of us have sucky headphones.

Oh, and in this world, nothing is worth MSRP. Ever.

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #20 of 29
Just wondering but what do you guys think about the earbuds I have? How would you rate them compaired to other high end earbuds?

Like from 1-10 and 1 been the worst and 10 being the best what would you rate the MDR-EX700 earbuds? I would like to know this from people who have listened to the earbuds or people who owns them.

Thanks

Aug 22, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #22 of 29
yes, weird thread
smily_headphones1.gif

if earbuds then go to Yuin Pk1
if IEM like sony ex700, then i recommend sennheiser IE8 or um3x

Aug 22, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by a_tumiwa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, weird thread
smily_headphones1.gif

if earbuds then go to Yuin Pk1
if IEM like sony ex700, then i recommend sennheiser IE8 or um3x

Thirded, seems like OP hasn't researched products before. Anyway, clearly the consensus is Yuin PK1 for earbuds (sit outside of canal) and JH-13 for in-ear-monitors.

Aug 22, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

So Sony isn't really good at making headphones? I thought Sony was the best for making small things like headphones. I do know that make bright and lifelike displays on TVs but mostly I thought that Sony was the best for smaller things since they were the one who first made a portable player called walkman.

Yes, Sony is the top one in the walkmen era, But is 21st Century.! Sony now only can make ONE for all audios. that is mean average gears in many aspects.

Aug 22, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by headfever /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, Sony is the top one in the walkmen era, But is 21st Century.! Sony now only can make ONE for all audios. that is mean average gears in many aspects.

Sony was once where Apple is now. Except they differed from Apple in that sound quality was a priority. Now that portable audio is a mass market toy, not unlike the proverbial pet rock, Apple reigns supreme with their iPetrock. And the iPod is better than the pet rock, because the pet rock only came in one color, LOL, OMG, the iPod is my BFF, LMAO!!!

Edit: I really have to get over my iPod hatred, don't I? Hmmmm...lemme think. NO I DON'T.

Aug 22, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Well my mom said Sony has been the best for making small electronics. I was born in Omaha, NE USA but my parents were born in Japan so they know about Japan alot. All my relatives were born in Japan I was the only one born in USA.

well sony stuff is not bad, certainly among the better end of what you will find in mass market shops.

they just arent aiming for the top end of the market

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #27 of 29
Well, they did make Qualias, so they occasionally do.

But anyway, there is nothing wrong with Sony per se, we just happen to think there are better options. Sennheiser, Shure, Etymotic, Sleek Audio, Klipsch, Westone, etc.

Aug 22, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #28 of 29
earbud - SR-001

Aug 23, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Well my mom said Sony has been the best for making small electronics. I was born in Omaha, NE USA but my parents were born in Japan so they know about Japan alot. All my relatives were born in Japan I was the only one born in USA.

My parents are quite similar to your parents; for TVs and audio equipment they say Sony is the best, and for cars Toyotas are on top of their list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back