null audio
Feb 8, 2009 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

travisg

500+ Head-Fier
i ordered null audio cables for my triple-fi's anyone have any comments on these cables

Feb 8, 2009 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 26
Everyone that has a pair on this forum(and Jabens, an audio forum in Singapore) gives these cables raving reviews. You will not be disappointed.

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 26
i ordered them to , but they still have to be shipped
frown.gif
it is almost 2 weeks ago

Feb 9, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #5 of 26
I'm wondering if there's anyone home at Null Audio.

I placed an order for their custom remolded earphone service recently, and did not hear back after three requests for a minor order change and more information. So now I have canceled the order and am anticipating having to escalate a PayPal dispute to get my $353 back.

Then I went on their Facebook page and saw that they haven't responded to multiple inquiries there either, and indeed haven't posted any new information in over ten months
angry_face.gif
!

Anybody out there have a clue about communicating with Null Audio?

Feb 9, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #6 of 26
I just think they're absurdly slow. I've emailed them directly several times, inquiring about Lune cables for the IE8, and they do reply *eventually*. But I have no idea why it's so hard for them to respond to emails in a timely manner....

Feb 9, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm wondering if there's anybody home at Null Audio.

I placed an order for their custom remolded earphone service, and did not hear back after three requests for a minor order change and more information. So now I have canceled the order and am anticipating having to escalate a PayPal dispute to get my $353 back!

Then I went on their Facebook page and saw that they haven't responded to multiple inquiries there either, and indeed haven't posted any new information in over ten months
angry_face.gif
!

Anyone have a clue about communicating with Null Audio?

I got custom remolds from them a couple of months ago. My understanding is that Kevin who runs Null Audio travels a lot (not sure how big the company is. I think it's very small.) When he's there, the communication was quite good in my case. But if he's traveling, he tends not to respond until he's settled.

Ten months does sound like a long time for Facebook. I got customs from them in November, so I know he was around then. Maybe he's just not into Facebook.

I do feel that he's a decent person, but has a pretty mobile lifestyle. I think he will do you right once you've gotten in touch with him.

Feb 10, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #8 of 26
I thought about buying their enyo cable for my triple fi's but decided to go with the westone es cable instead because I did not want to endure the long wait. Null Audio does have some nice cables though and a wide variety to suit varying taste.

Feb 10, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #9 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got custom remolds from them a couple of months ago. My understanding is that Kevin who runs Null Audio travels a lot (not sure how big the company is. I think it's very small.) When he's there, the communication was quite good in my case. But if he's traveling, he tends not to respond until he's settled.

Ten months does sound like a long time for Facebook. I got customs from them in November, so I know he was around then. Maybe he's just not into Facebook.

I do feel that he's a decent person, but has a pretty mobile lifestyle. I think he will do you right once you've gotten in touch with him.

What kind of business takes your money and then refuses to communicate with you about it?

Feb 10, 2010 at 4:59 PM Post #11 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What kind of business takes your money and then refuses to communicate with you about it?

I have no idea. Generally speaking, I don't send a company money until there has been communication. When I ordered my remolds from Null Audio, I emailed them a question first, partly because I had a question and partly to test communication.

If you are worried, you can do a charge back through Paypal. If you haven't received a product or any communication, it should be quick and easy to do a charge back.

Feb 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well its kinda only one guy and he has tons of ppl emailing him and sending sms-es , he's still studying to boot

My friend in Singapore had a hard time locating Null Audio (He works near the location). When my friend said collected things from Kevin's "hostel room", I thought he was kidding
smily_headphones1.gif

I too went through a period of no response. Kevin responded to my queries left on their web page about a week later, but responded to my subsequent replies very quickly. I guess he does not check his E-mail / facebook or whatever for weeks together.

BTW, his contact # is not in the Null audio site, but it is in Phonak SG's site:

Mobile: +65-9729-4626, Fax: +65-6491-5887

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well its kinda only one guy and he has tons of ppl emailing him and sending sms-es , he's still studying to boot

Although I'm Singaporean but this is bad business practice.
Kudos for quality product but business practices need to be revised.
If you don't have the time then don't do the business, because it's killing the brand.

Feb 10, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

I have no idea. Generally speaking, I don't send a company money until there has been communication. When I ordered my remolds from Null Audio, I emailed them a question first, partly because I had a question and partly to test communication.

This is a good practice; I will adopt it myself for domestic as well as international orders direct from websites, where it is easy to represent yourself as a more capable company than you actually are.

Another precaution I am learning is to only use debit cards through PayPal or Google checkout, or use an actual MC/VISA/AE with chargeback capabilities for the transaction.

Quote:

If you are worried, you can do a charge back through Paypal. If you haven't received a product or any communication, it should be quick and easy to do a charge back.

I threatened but didn't have to actually do a chargeback, as Kevin promptly refunded me once he caught up with the situation. It probably would have gone okay in the end but could have taken forever with potential communication issues and re-fittings, so I am glad I went elsewhere but I obviously need to work on my patience
redface.gif
!

May 19, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #15 of 26
When was the last anyone heard from Mr. Kevin Wang from Null Audio?

I had innitiated my remold order last mid-March.  Contact in the beginning was intermittent, but have heard absolutely nothing since early April.

Unique Melody is poorly represented by this distributor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back