Nuforce NE-7M's vs RE2 and Fiio E5 Combo assistance needed
Jul 25, 2009 at 11:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mplee79

100+ Head-Fier
Hello. I'm in the market for a new pair of IEM headphones. I've narrowed it down to these two. I've read through the numerous positive reviews about both of them. What i've gathered so far is that they are both decent offerings for their price. I can't decide at this point which one "i'd" prefer without hearing them myself. I'd appreciate any input the community could offer.

Listening preferences:

Tight/non muddy bass is a must
Non fatiguing high end

I listen to all types of music but i enjoy progressive trance most i'd say then alternative rock -->hiphop r&b--->lounge -->classical --->jazz

It's pretty nice that the RE2 currently comes with the Filo E5. Does the Nuforce require amp? I have a portable z-audio lambda but it's a tad bit bulky.

Thanks

Jul 26, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 7
neither require the amp, but I personally like the RE2 more amped, and even slightly unamped.

I'd probably go for the re2/e5 combo though, even if I slightly preferred the nuforces, because with the e5 you could cover all the genres you like. (for example, the e5 will likely improve the sound for hiphop, rock, and trance, but without it, they'll probably be better for jazz, classical, and lounge. Whereas the ne7ms will not have the option for changing the sound via amping if you only go with this buy for a while. )

and, just so you know, while the RE2s do sound amazing, they are slightly open, and don't isolate as much as the nuforces.

But yeah, I think you'd like the RE2/e5 combo more than the nuforces. I did.

Jul 26, 2009 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 7
I have also been reading lots of post on these two (lots of good ones comparing them on here ) but cant make up my mind either. I just ordered the M50's so I like that I would get E5 that I could use with both them and the Re2's but also think that the NE-7M's would be better for my type of music (indie,rock,some rap)

Should of posted in the Portable Headphones section tho might get more of a response (Maybe someone will move it for you)

Jul 27, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #6 of 7
For what it's worth, I'm super happy with my ne7's.

It's like having a finely tuned subwoofer tucked near your ears with good sound staging as well. For me, the deal maker was that these don't need an amp (one less thing to lose).

Granted, I've never heard the RE2's.

Jul 27, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mplee79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't know that portable audio included headphones.

He probably refers to the portable headphone / earbud / IEM forum. There are quite a few comparison b/w RE2 and NE-7M in there.

IMO, both are close in SQ but different in sound signature. I don't find RE2's treble to be fatiguing but it is not really smooth either. On the other hand, NE-7M's bass is a tiny bit over but not to a point of being bloated. If you like more analytical sound, don't mind carrying an amp and don't require a lot of isolation, pick RE2. If you want something more warm sounding with a big bass, perhaps the use of a mic and don't mind spending a bit more money on some alternative eartip, pick NE-7M

Users who are viewing this thread

Back