NuForce NE-700X trial offer
Dec 23, 2010 at 1:28 PM Post #32 of 38
Dec 23, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #33 of 38

Quote:
My review of the NE-700X has been posted on my site. Thanks for the opportunity and I hope to have the chance to review other NuForce products in the future!

NuForce NE-700X review

Quote (extract from portion of the review)
Burn-in: These IEMs were given upwards of 50 hours of burn in time prior to review and, while they sounded good right out of the box (or bag in my case), they did need about a dozen hours or so to settle in to their final sound character.

This is (unsurprisingly) the area where the NE-700X really shines. These boast a full, warm and robust sound that’s immediately attention-grabbing and energetic. These are a “fun” sounding pair of IEMs, no doubt about it, but they don’t fall short when it comes to revealing finer details.

The low end is very prominent and surprises with its power and authority without sounding uncontrolled or bleeding into the midrange. There’s plenty of impact and volume to go around but it doesn’t gloss over finer bass detail. There’s a nice rumble in the bass that conveys it an equally nice texture. It’s a low end that doesn’t compromise but doesn’t overwhelm either, stepping up when called for and backing off when it needs to. It hits a nice sweet spot for me in terms of the amount of bass I want to hear from an earphone.

The midrange is slightly forward in its presentation and nice and smooth. Vocals are front and center, with instruments sitting a bit farther back in the sonic stage. The smoothness cuts down ever so slightly on overall clarity and resolution but not enough to where I’d call it a legitimate flaw. The upper midrange/lower treble almost reaches the point of being sibilant or harsh but never actually gets there which makes these a rather non-fatiguing listen. Treble is laid back almost to the point where I’d call it recessed but not quite. Finer detail is there but there isn’t much in the way of sparkle.

The soundstage is actually rather deep, competing with the best earphones I’ve heard in that category. Lateral width is slightly above average which leads to good positioning. The thickness of note that I mentioned earlier does hamper the transparency and occludes the sense of “air” in the soundstage which does impact the perception of individual instrument separation but not too much. All in all, these are a very musical and enjoyable pair of IEMs to listen to for long periods that, despite their low end emphasis, are still well balanced in their sonic presentation.

It took a long time to tune the sound until it is just right. You said it way better than what we can explain :)

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #34 of 38
The reviews make it sound like what i'm after for my next upgrade but with only a couple of UK sellers which charge double the price of the US and buying direct adding $40 just to ship it kind of puts a spanner in the works for us in the UK after a good set of headphones like these.

:frowning2:

Dec 27, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #36 of 38
  Quote:

The reviews make it sound like what i'm after for my next upgrade but with only a couple of UK sellers which charge double the price of the US and buying direct adding $40 just to ship it kind of puts a spanner in the works for us in the UK after a good set of headphones like these.

:frowning2:

Completely agree. I was eager to get a pair of these but the shipping costs to get them over to Europe has put me off as well.

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

The NE-7M are still very nice sounding, and don't do very much wrong. The NE-700X improve the detail, speed and extension, but the 7M have a nice tone and balance that you should still enjoy.

Most definitely.  This is my second set of 7M's (I left the first pair in my jeans and ran them through the washer before I realized what happened!) and now that I have them they are just as awesome as I remember.  Still, I'm curious about the 700's.  Maybe I'll grab a set in the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back