Nuforce Ne-7 vs Ne-8
Dec 21, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #46 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by richierich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The UE tips are only $9 from earplugsuperstore. I think I will order them. But I might order the trial pack since I don't know what size will fit me best.

The Comply 500s fill in the bottom end pretty well for the 8s, significantly improving the sound over that with the supplied tips. Still not bass-y, but very smooth and supplies a reasonable low-frequency foundation for the mids and up. Major upgrade over stock. Nuforce should consider including a set with a slight increase in price, if necessary?

Dec 21, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #47 of 68
I have been burning in the NE8s for a few days, and here is what I have found:

I haven't been able to get a decent seal with Comply 400s for some reason.
Maybe I need to keep experimenting.

Best seal so far is with the included double flange tips.

With these, the bass has some impact, but not a lot of punch through the mid and upper bass. Much warmer, however, then the RE2 I have been using for a few months.

Overall sound is quite detailed, with forward mids giving a lively sound.
Treble seems good, but I don't have a good feel for it vs. RE2.
Definitely not splashy and sizzly like I found the AT CK7s.

I am using the out of a 2gb Sansa Clip with no EQ. Files are 256 kb VBR.

I did try adding a Fiio E3 with mixed results. The overall sound is "bigger"
with more impact, but there is hiss and it seems like the detail is diminished.
The bass boost in the E3 was a bit much I think, as it hurt the texure and detail that was present in the bass.

Anyone try an E5 with these?
Wondering if it would have more synergy with the NE8s.

Interested in hearing more feedback from others on these, and which tips are working well.

Dec 21, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #48 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the vModa Bass Freq clear silicone tips, or UE super.fi tips. They fit onto the NE-8 very well. The UE tips are more expensive, but they can make the earphones go deeper into your ear canal.

May have to try those UE tips myself, they look pretty nice and I think should help.

I wonder if the Comply's fill in the bottom, or instead mellow out the top (as a few have suggested).

Dec 22, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #50 of 68
I am very interested in the NE-7M, as HeadphoneAddict rates it above the C700, and i prefer a slightly emphasized bass, but the included microphone which i dont need nor want is keeping me from pulling the trigger, i really hope that Nuforce would release a NE-7 without the microphone soon >.<

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #51 of 68
Just stumbled into the perfect sleeves for the NE-7, but I doubt I can get more. Succumbing to the frenzy over the SoundMagic PL30s, I bought a pair. I don't like them much (hey, they were $19 shipped), but in the package was a tiny pair of black foamies resembling the Shure olives, but smaller than the olive smalls and no sound tube in the middle, so they fit the NE-7 large sound tube. Rolled and inserted them, and wow, nice seal, didn't bloat the sound, etc. Unfortunately, they came from China, and doubtful they are for sale anywhere. But if anyone has both phones, give them a try. Assume they will work with the 8s too.

I was using the Comply T400s with the 7s, but they seemed too bulky, not good for long-term listening (though they sound good too). I can't use the OEM silicone sleeves, they just don't seal for me.

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #52 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by sidtai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am very interested in the NE-7M, as HeadphoneAddict rates it above the C700, and i prefer a slightly emphasized bass, but the included microphone which i dont need nor want is keeping me from pulling the trigger, i really hope that Nuforce would release a NE-7 without the microphone soon >.<

The mic doesn't take up hardly any space or weight.

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #53 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just stumbled into the perfect sleeves for the NE-7, but I doubt I can get more. Succumbing to the frenzy over the SoundMagic PL30s, I bought a pair. I don't like them much (hey, they were $19 shipped), but in the package was a tiny pair of black foamies resembling the Shure olives, but smaller than the olive smalls and no sound tube in the middle, so they fit the NE-7 large sound tube. Rolled and inserted them, and wow, nice seal, didn't bloat the sound, etc. Unfortunately, they came from China, and doubtful they are for sale anywhere. But if anyone has both phones, give them a try. Assume they will work with the 8s too.

I was using the Comply T400s with the 7s, but they seemed too bulky, not good for long-term listening (though they sound good too). I can't use the OEM silicone sleeves, they just don't seal for me.

It sounds like you are describing the foamies for JVC Marshmallows.

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #54 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by ccontreras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There resemblance to the sound Grado?

Hmmm, that's hard to say - they are more in the Grado/Ultrasone direction than being like a Sennheiser/Denon direction.

Dec 22, 2008 at 10:22 PM Post #55 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It sounds like you are describing the foamies for JVC Marshmallows.

Bullet-shaped, shiny, black, with no inner sleeve (only a hole)? Wonder if the SoundMagic people tossed in a pair and they are the JVC Marshmallow foamies? No idea. I will have to check. But they really work nice for me.

Oh, I did manage to get a good seal with some silicone sleeves I had sitting around, but no idea where they came from. Still not as tuneful as the Complys or the mystery foams, but okay. I still prefer the X10s on balance, but nice to have backup pair for the Touch. I don't mind using the iTalk with the X10s, since I don't need the mic, I just leave it tied up (so it's a very short extension). Looking forward for Xmas, so I can get to those W3s again. Starting to get annoying.

Dec 23, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #57 of 68
Just got the NE-7's today, I also have the er6i's and my brother has the im716's,without the pod. The left side of the NE-7's seem to have frozen on me because of the freezing cold weather which affected the volume and sound on the left side. Judging from first impressions, they are hands down better across the board than the er6i's and definately a lot better than the im716's unamped. The er6i's although very detailed in highs/mids, lacks the bass that the NE-7's have. The detail of the NE-7's match the im716's off my iPhone. I'm not sure how accurate the 7m's are but it has a fun sound signature. I'll wait a day or two to see if the left side still has that sound problem before i RMA it but so far it sounds pretty good. I'll review the IEM more thouroughly if the volume problem goes away.

For the NE-7m, it seems like Sony EX 51/71/81 tips fit it also. I'm not sure if it sounds better with those tips (I have only one large and 1 medium tip) but it fits.

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #58 of 68
Yikes!! That's not good to hear. My NE-7's are in the mail, but am suffering in minus 25'c at the moment. Please post if the problem continues. Will have to keep them under wraps until the thaw if it does, Dam!!!
angry_face.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #59 of 68
I would also like to see a review comparing the NE-7m's to the SoundMagic PL 11's and the NE-8's to SoundMagic's PL30 just to make sure that they are not the same headphone.

P.S.
My headphones sound fine now, it was the combination of the new string tangle with the extreme cold weather on the mic cord which caused it to harden. I just stopped using them for a couple of hours and let the cord settle down.

Great headphones, ugly color choice.

Dec 23, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #60 of 68
Wear a hat, you IEM freezer guys!

To xxhotxhikxx, I am certain than Jason and Casey at Nuforce are not lying about these having new drivers. I have read others who said these do sound better than the SoundMagic as well. The NE-7M with a good fit and the right tips do beat my depodded IM716 and Denon C700 as well, and there is no one who has found the SoundMagic to be that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back