NuForce NE-6/7 vs NE-700X
Nov 10, 2011 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kbsmasta

New Head-Fier
I, like many others, fell in love with the NE-6. I had a pair that got stolen in Malaysia. I returned to the US and after a bit of research I got a pair of MEE SP51P (I was able to find the SP51P for cheaper than the SP51 somehow) which I dont find as great a IEM as the NE-6. I see the NE-6 is on ebay for $80, but I can't bring myself to pay this price because I previously paid only $40. The SP51M doesn't have as punchy of bass, and I also don't think it has as great clarity.

I also thought the NE-6 fit perfectly in my ear with the small size ear tips. The earpiece itself was small enough that I could even sleep with them because they hardly protruded from my ears. This is not the case with the SP51.

So I emailed NuForce about this and they recommended the NE-700X. I was asking them if they happened to have any more NE-6s somewhere lying around. After reading some reviews, I read that overall the NE-700x seems to have improved from the NE-6/7 but the NE-700X has slightly less overpowering bass (I prefer stronger punchy bass), and the diameter of the can is also slightly larger. This leads me to believe that I might prefer the older NE-6/7 over the new NE-700X. Has anyone been able to compare these two IEMs??

The only downside about the NE-6 was that there was quite a bit of cable noise. I read reviews where others had mentioned this as well. Wondering if the 700X is the same...

Thanks ahead of time for any information.
cleardot.gif

Nov 12, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #3 of 3
Ok...I have auditioned the NE-6 before and,my personal opinion is that it is better than the 700x...i own the 700x and just thought it was quite a disappointing purchase,the good thing about the 700x is it's build and nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back