nuforce mobile as DAC
Mar 1, 2009 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

aroddick

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
This is a potentially stupid question, so I apologize if that is the case. I have a nuforce icon mobile which I am using for both the ie 7's and as a dac for my laptop. I have just gotten a deal on some HD-600s. Word on these forums is that a portable such as the nuforce will not properly open them up, and that I should look into getting a better amp. My question is if I get a larger tube amp, like the Little Dot MKIII, can I use the icon mobile as a dac? Or am I forced to spend more $ on another dac? Or do I simply get a better portable dac/amp combo for the 600s? I greatly appreciate your advice for a noob!

Mar 1, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 7
First thing first. Try HD600 with IM first, and then decide later.
smily_headphones1.gif

Based on Mr. Headphoneaddict's review,
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/3947073-post2.html

Nuforce IM drives HD600 better than Macbook
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, try it first, maybe you like it, and saves some $$$.

Mar 1, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #3 of 7
gotcha. I will wait and see how the nuforce drives the 600s. But is it possible to use a portable dac/amp as the dac to a larger amp, so that I can use the nuforce as I build up my system?

Mar 1, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #5 of 7
duh. Thanks.
now I need to decide how to continue spending $ - either with a better dac/amp compo (maybe the ibasso D10?) or if I invest in the Little Dot with plans to get a better dac in the future.
Cheers,

Mar 1, 2009 at 10:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Nuforce IM does not have lineout, but, at certain volume level, example : medium level in low gain mode; you can stil use the headphone out as the line out. iBasso D10 seem to a nice choice, where a good DAC is the key point here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back