Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions
Sep 8, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #317 of 533
I managed to snap every twisted cable I have from the HEM series, up to and including the HEM6. Beautiful sounding earphones and packages. I can't imagine that every one of my HEM earphones come with faulty twisted cables, and would like to suggest that this is a manufacturing defect, or just poor quality parts. The other cables are strong. 

Anyway, I've done my bit about the twisted cable.

Apart from that, all hail the HEM2.

Sep 8, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #318 of 533
  I managed to snap every twisted cable I have from the HEM series, up to and including the HEM6. Beautiful sounding earphones and packages. I can't imagine that every one of my HEM earphones come with faulty twisted cables, and would like to suggest that this is a manufacturing defect, or just poor quality parts. The other cables are strong. 

Anyway, I've done my bit about the twisted cable.

Apart from that, all hail the HEM2.

Nope, definitely does not sound like a one-off manufacturing issue, then 
blink.gif

Sep 8, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #319 of 533
I know that this isn't about the HEM series, but since I'm reviewing some of the HEM series in tandem with the BE6i, I thought it might be interesting. Actually, I'd like to see a wireless option specifically for the HEM2. My god, that earphone keeps me up at night.

Review: Nuforce BE6i - iPhone 7 ready

Sep 8, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #320 of 533
I know that this isn't about the HEM series, but since I'm reviewing some of the HEM series in tandem with the BE6i, I thought it might be interesting. Actually, I'd like to see a wireless option specifically for the HEM2. My god, that earphone keeps me up at night.

Review: Nuforce BE6i - iPhone 7 ready

Maybe the Trinity Bluetooth lanyard would work?

Sep 9, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #321 of 533
Maybe the Trinity Bluetooth lanyard would work?

Tried the Trinity 2pin cable from my Vyrus with the HEM8 and the connector is the same (even down to the little "bump" they use to ensure correct orientation). It does fit, but the curve of the shell on the HEM means it doesn't push down 100% so connection isn't super solid unfortunately.

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #322 of 533
Tried the Trinity 2pin cable from my Vyrus with the HEM8 and the connector is the same (even down to the little "bump" they use to ensure correct orientation). It does fit, but the curve of the shell on the HEM means it doesn't push down 100% so connection isn't super solid unfortunately.

Bummer :frowning2:

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #327 of 533
Got the HEM4 from Massdrop. Should I keep it? I usually listens to rock and rap, and I don't know if they will be too leaner and colder.

It's definitely on the leaner side compared to the other HEM IEM. That doesn't mean you won't like it, though. What are some other IEM you've really enjoyed?

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #329 of 533
Its my first pair of IEMs :p My favorite headphone for the moment is the Meze 99 classics,

If you really like 99 Classics, then I think you'd prefer HEM2 and furthermore you should be checking out Meze's newest IEM which are supposed to sound highly reminiscent of 99 Classics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back