Nuforce HEM Discussion & Impressions
Apr 3, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #121 of 533
Massdrop just got extended for another 5 days according to the site. Just got in on it - the gambler in me likes the 1 in 2 odds of getting something a little further up the order than the base unit. The accessories package is worth a decent slice of the purchase price anyway. This hobby is never easy on your pocket... :wink:

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:39 PM Post #123 of 533
Massdrop just got extended for another 5 days according to the site. Just got in on it - the gambler in me likes the 1 in 2 odds of getting something a little further up the order than the base unit. The accessories package is worth a decent slice of the purchase price anyway. This hobby is never easy on your pocket...
wink.gif

I'm honestly very tempted to jump in on it for the very same reasons... 50% chance to at least get a dual armature model. I was originally looking at the UE 900s for my next purchase but given how it's quite a dated model and its availability in Canada is pretty limited, I'm definitely interested in picking up an HEM-8... the question is if i do end up getting an HEM-4 or higher, would I end up keeping it if i get the HEM-8 though a future drop lol. Would there be any justification to keep both?

Apr 3, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #125 of 533
WMah: While there are some similarities, HEM4 & HEM8 sound pretty different. I can see keeping both. HEM4 could serve as a more "reference tuned" IEM, whereas HEM8 would be the more musical, jamming out (yet still obviously higher-tier) IEM. If course, this depends on you. Some people just like having one pair of IEM. Others like having a few pair. Still others collect them like my son used to collect Pokemon cards. Um, that last category includes me, lol...
:beerchug:

Apr 4, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #126 of 533
@nmatheis thanks for your insight! I'd honestly be happy if I landed a HEM4 (or greater of course). The only thing holding me back is that I have zero interest in getting an HEM2 and do not want to go through the hassle of selling it if I do end up with one lol

Apr 5, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #128 of 533
  Really considering buying the HEM8 is there anything that is better for the price? 

I'm on the fence on this as well and am wondering what competes against this? Maybe better to ask, what is a fair comparison in SQ at any price. I'm thinking if there are items that these beat that cost more I'd love to know. Ive been considering the Nobel Savants or the Django or the Oriveti Primacy or the Sony XBA-Z5s and the Westone UM Pro 50. But how does the HEM8s compare?

Apr 5, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #129 of 533
I'm on the fence on this as well and am wondering what competes against this? Maybe better to ask, what is a fair comparison in SQ at any price. I'm thinking if there are items that these beat that cost more I'd love to know. Ive been considering the Nobel Savants or the Django or the Oriveti Primacy or the Sony XBA-Z5s and the Westone UM Pro 50. But how does the HEM8s compare?

If you are looking at the Primacy, you can probably chuck the new Fender FXA7 (new version of Aurisonics Harmony), FLC 8s and possibly the upcoming Kickstarter for the Trinity Phantom Master into the ring as well. So many IEMs!

Apr 5, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #130 of 533
If you are looking at the Primacy, you can probably chuck the new Fender FXA7 (new version of Aurisonics Harmony), FLC 8s and possibly the upcoming Kickstarter for the Trinity Phantom Master into the ring as well. So many IEMs!

Thanks for the options I am just now getting caught up on the Trinity Phantom Master. I have the ASG 2.5s and love them but definitely want to add another set or two to the stable.

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #131 of 533
I just put my Linum BaX 2 pin cable on these and enjoy the combination with the Paw Gold. I've been comparing the sound to the Campfire Jupiters using the Paw Gold as a source. I feel like the HEM8s have a much more overall balanced sound than the Jupiter, but the Jupiter's sound is more dynamic. I believe the HEM8's hold their own to the Jupiter, but I also personally prefer a more balanced sound. The Jupiter's are great IEMs, but they have mostly been sitting in their case since I bought the HEM8.

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #132 of 533
i folded and entered the drop lol the way you guys made it sound, 50% chance of getting hem4 or higher and 25% chance of either getting a hem6/8 aren't bad odds. However, random number generators tend to hate me... real life or in video games i always tend to roll low haha

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #134 of 533
  i folded and entered the drop lol the way you guys made it sound, 50% chance of getting hem4 or higher and 25% chance of either getting a hem6/8 aren't bad odds. However, random number generators tend to hate me... real life or in video games i always tend to roll low haha

May the random number generator gods surprise you this time! I am still not sure if I want to jump on the mass drop. But I may jump in at the last minute. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #135 of 533
haha i'm really on the fence and tempted to cancel last minute for the reason that sure it's only $170, but it's $170 i could put towards a hem8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back