Now THIS is an interesting looking PCDP, but how does it sound?
Oct 21, 2002 at 7:57 PM Post #16 of 19
Ahh, what hirsch said
smily_headphones1.gif

I didn't say all pro audio gear is BS. I just was trying to say that the most important features of this product aren't important to most of the people here (who are just searching for the best sound). It has a different target, thats all.

Oct 22, 2002 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 19
Hirsh, have you heard any portables such as d-515. d-555, or d-303? I want to read some comparisons of these players lineouts vs. budget cd players, not that I think they would win but it might be close I have no idea. The d-515 sounds much better then current portable players...

Biggie.

Oct 22, 2002 at 2:14 AM Post #18 of 19
I've got a D-303. I use it with the Grado HPA-1 amp, and either the RS-1 or W2002 headphone. I haven't done any direct A/B with my standalone players, but I can say that the D-303 is a nice source. I use it at work for hours at a time, with no trace of digital fatigue. The only downside is the short battery life between charges (3 to 4 CD's), and using the AC adapter really raises the noise floor.

I've also got a Panny CT470 that doesn't come anywhere near it, performancewise, despite being considered one of the better recent players. For that matter, I've got the D-2, D-12, and D-9, all of which outperform the CT470 and a recent Sony I've got whose model number escapes me.

Oct 22, 2002 at 2:32 AM Post #19 of 19
Hirsch,
Quote:

I've got a D-303. I use it with the Grado HPA-1 amp, and either the RS-1 or W2002 headphone. I haven't done any direct A/B with my standalone players, but I can say that the D-303 is a nice source. I use it at work for hours at a time, with no trace of digital fatigue. The only downside is the short battery life between charges (3 to 4 CD's), and using the AC adapter really raises the noise floor.

I've also got a Panny CT470 that doesn't come anywhere near it, performancewise, despite being considered one of the better recent players. For that matter, I've got the D-2, D-12, and D-9, all of which outperform the CT470 and a recent Sony I've got whose model number escapes me.

Thanks for your impression. Now someone with your experiences can confirm my personal impression. I do agree that the AC adaptor raises noise floor a bit, but don't you just like the super bright backlit LCD display?

Purk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back