Now in 2012, Do HiFiMan Re0 still worth to buy?
May 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #16 of 64
Quote:
Mine spent the last year in my desk drawer. Then I got a Digizoid ZO2 amp. It really brings the RE0 to life. Imagine - an RE0 with BASS!
Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Same here.  Great combo. My RE0 dreadful cable has been recabled to a more soft ortofon like cable and it's a keeper.  I've always liked the MTPC despite even worse build quality, and the RE0 with the ZO gets me close to it.  Regarding the RE252, it's better overall, but the design is horrific and the material a dirt and ear wax magnet.

Regarding warmth, the RE0 is far from warm.  Hifiman/Head-Direct didn't get warm until the RE262.  The RE0 static price is still a very good buy if you fancy its signature, and Head-Direct has great customer service.

May 9, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #18 of 64
some of the happy users say the built problem don't exist in current version as before.

I bought mine February of 2011. Idk if that's the current model. Went out within a few months.

Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message :p

May 9, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #19 of 64
Quote:
I bought mine February of 2011. Idk if that's the current model. Went out within a few months.
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message
tongue.gif

wow, they really have a major issue in built quality, if i wanted something like re0, i would go for sunrise xcape or xcite

May 9, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #20 of 64
Quote:
Quote:
Sent from an iPod touch with TapaTalk... Autocorrect may alter the meaning of this message
tongue.gif

wow, they really have a major issue in built quality, if i wanted something like re0, i would go for sunrise xcape or xcite

if build quality is important get away from the sunrise's. i dont know if  the issues were fixed with the new batches, though

personally, i liked the Crystal more than the RE0. better built, fun and still offers very good details not so far from the re0

May 9, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #20 of 64
I haven't had build quality issues with any Hifiman.

I liked the RE252 but the helix-lock rubber black seal shape didn't fit everyone very well.  It had "silver voice coils, for more real bass" of which I couldn't hear much 'real bass'.

The RE262 and RE272 have titanium or titanium coated drivers I think.

May 9, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #22 of 64
Quote:
if build quality is important get away from the sunrise's. i dont know if  the issues were fixed with the new batches, though

personally, i liked the Crystal more than the RE0. better built, fun and still offers very good details not so far from the re0

so, both re0 and xcape sound great but the quality is a problem...

May 9, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #26 of 64
Incredible highs, yes incredible mids? Ehhhh. The mids are a bit recessed on the RE0 and aren't what I'd call incredible. They're good, no doubt, but not incredible.

The lack of bass is easily remedied with some EQ but if that's not an option, you might not like them too much if bass is your thing.

But, in 2012, I'd still say they're worth it. I've had mine for about 2 and a half years and I still enjoy listening to them (no defects either!) but it's worth noting that some people have had some hardware problems with them recently. Like I said, I haven't had any problems but it's still worth noting, just the same.

May 9, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #27 of 64
Quote:
Incredible highs, yes incredible mids? Ehhhh. The mids are a bit recessed on the RE0 and aren't what I'd call incredible. They're good, no doubt, but not incredible.

The lack of bass is easily remedied with some EQ but if that's not an option, you might not like them too much if bass is your thing.

But, in 2012, I'd still say they're worth it. I've had mine for about 2 and a half years and I still enjoy listening to them (no defects either!) but it's worth noting that some people have had some hardware problems with them recently. Like I said, I haven't had any problems but it's still worth noting, just the same.

have you try the sunrise xcape? quite a strong competitor in the same category as the hifiman re0 and zro

May 9, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #30 of 64
Re0 is still worth it for the money imho.  Love the analytical sound and treble sparkle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back