NOW DEAD BACK TO $399__Ultimate Ears Triple.FI 10 pro IEM $269.99
Mar 19, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #121 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People should try them out with the t400 comply tips, those sure look comfortable.

I just took delivery of a set of these today. The t400 is a foam tip shaped like the normal gel tip. So it compresses and the expands a little with the initial shape of the gel tip so it would insert slightly better. I really can't tell much difference since the gel worked fine for me but I wanted to see what these would do for me. With more time and experience with these I may be be able to tell whether these will have a more reliable insertion for a longer period.

Mar 19, 2008 at 6:22 AM Post #122 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by novasol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ummm..you have any facts to back up these statements?

Many people actually leave the US and go to Mexico to get better treatment. To quote

"Despite endless efforts for decades by the American medical system (not to mention the media) to depict Mexican hospitals as strange, backward or even dangerous their popularity continues. The reason is simple. People can get cancer therapies there not available in the United States, Canada or most other industrialized nations due to politics.

In Mexico, the government feels the doctor should be the one deciding what treatment or therapy is best. It does not attempt to get in between doctors and their patients and dictate treatments that can or cannot be used. Nor does it burden doctors and their staff with endless bureaucratic restrictions, policies, procedures and paperwork which plague most conventional medical systems in major industrialized nations."

Yes, Mexico. Think about that.

BTW we have private MRI clinics, etc.. in Canada too.
wink.gif

Yes thank you Novasol,

It truly amazes me how anyone supports the current system in the US. Spyro claims that people go to the US from Canada to get superior service!!!!
I think its the other way round. Your point about Mexico is a valid and important one as you have posted many cancer treatments and their inventors are harassed by the FDA(Food and Death Administration). Has anyone heard of Royal Raymand Rife. This fellow cured cancar in the 1930s.

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #123 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes thank you Novasol,

It truly amazes me how anyone supports the current system in the US. Spyro claims that people go to the US from Canada to get superior service!!!!
I think its the other way round. Your point about Mexico is a valid and important one as you have posted many cancer treatments and their inventors are harassed by the FDA(Food and Death Administration). Has anyone heard of Royal Raymand Rife. This fellow cured cancar in the 1930s.

This is my last post on this as it needs to move to another topic category.

You need to be careful what you are talking about. The quality of care itself or the cost? I am not going to sit here and debate the quality of worldwide healthcare on a Head-Fi Forum. I jumped in because of erroneous statements about Michael Moore and terrible healthcare in the USA. Of course a wage earner in the USA would make out like a bandit getting healthcare in Mexico. Just look at the standard of living differences. Hello....Plus look at the 20+millions of illegal immigrants the USA provides free healthcare to. What a sweet deal. So you simply can't do an honest comparision between Mexico and USA.

Lastly, in 46 years I know of no incident with myself, my family or extended family where they received poor healthcare or couldn't receive the proper healthcare. NEVER. Excessive administrative red tape? Absolutely. Higher premiums or deductables that they would like? Absolutely. Poor and inadequate healthcare? NEVER.

Mar 19, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #124 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
People should try them out with the t400 comply tips, those sure look comfortable.

I'm using the Comply T400s with by T.fis and loving them. I put in about 16-hours on flights in the last two weeks using the Complys throughout. They never slipped, felt itchy or caused pressure against my ear canals, even after 4-hours on one flight leg.

They compress easily, then slowly expand in your ear canal until they totally fill it, giving exceptional isolation and comfort at the same time.

Dave

Mar 19, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #125 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcstep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm using the Comply T400s with by T.fis and loving them. I put in about 16-hours on flights in the last two weeks using the Complys throughout. They never slipped, felt itchy or caused pressure against my ear canals, even after 4-hours on one flight leg.

They compress easily, then slowly expand in your ear canal until they totally fill it, giving exceptional isolation and comfort at the same time.

Dave

Would you kindly comment on the durability of the Comply tips as I'm thinking of ordering some to use with my new Triple.fi.

Oh, and as a side comment, as a surgeon who trained and worked in the UK's National Health Service before coming over to work in the United States--there is no comparison between standard of care. The US is far superior to any socialized healthcare system in terms of offering the finest healthcare in a timely fashion to those who can afford it.

Where it falls down is in terms of access. A significant percent of the population does not have access to this standard of care. There is no healthcare system in existence which offers both superlative standard of care and access for all and that absolutely includes the UK and Australia.

El Duderino

Mar 19, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #126 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Duderino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you kindly comment on the durability of the Comply tips as I'm thinking of ordering some to use with my new Triple.fi.

I've got under 20-hours on my first set. I bought three sets with my first order and I think I'll buy 5-sets the next time I order. They still look new and they're not changing color yet, so I'm guessing that a set will last around 100-hours before they get too funky. At around $5 per set, for great isolation and great fit, it's a no-brainer for me.

Dave

Mar 19, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #128 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how dirty do they get, lat time i had complys they got so dirty even just after touching them

I'm only using them on planes and in airports, not mowing lawns. I keep them in the UE metal case when not in use. After 20-hours mine aren't dirty at all. Oh, I due clean my ears every morning and generate a lot of wax. I clean the Tri.fis once or twice per month, for wax.

I can see where they'd easily gather dirt if you work in a field where your hands get dirty. I'm a financial consultant, so that's not a problem for me. If I were still a roofer, dirt would be a likely issue.

Dave

Mar 21, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #129 of 149
Today I received my T-400 and they are really comfortable. Before, I was using the small silicone ones and they are good as long as I don't move around.

If I move my head the pressure would increase in one or both ears and had to stop and take them out and readjust.

I think also that I am getting more noise isolation. Some sounds that would leak in before when wearing the silicone tips are not noticeable now.

I noticed that in the directions in the package it says to never wash them. Also to only handle the tips with clean hands.

Mar 22, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #131 of 149
Hey guys, I don't know if this is an internet-deal, but if you call Adam Grede at Full Compass (which advertises on head-fi), you could get the Triple.Fi's for around $270. I know, because I was just there the other day and bought the Shure SE-530 for $320, and I might go back and exchange them for the Triple.Fi's. :wink:

Full Compass - Audio, Video and Lighting equipment for all your AV needs

Mar 24, 2008 at 2:25 PM Post #133 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by xaipemw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, I don't know if this is an internet-deal, but if you call Adam Grede at Full Compass (which advertises on head-fi), you could get the Triple.Fi's for around $270. I know, because I was just there the other day and bought the Shure SE-530 for $320, and I might go back and exchange them for the Triple.Fi's. :wink:

Full Compass - Audio, Video and Lighting equipment for all your AV needs

Is this for real. Man, I am truly tempted.

Mar 25, 2008 at 6:52 AM Post #134 of 149
I just talked to Adam Grede, who is one of the lead sales guys at Full Compass. He's also a recording engineer, musician, great guy, and gearslutz member. I talked to him today about telling you guys about the deal. I'm not going to quote an exact dollar amount, but you can get the Triple.Fi's for considerably under $300 if you call him directly--not online.

Adam Grede @ Full Compass:
1-800-356-5844 ext. 1386

Tell him Martin sent ya, and he'll hook you guys up.

Mar 25, 2008 at 11:46 AM Post #135 of 149
Quote:

Originally Posted by xaipemw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
........ if you call him directly--not online.

Adam Grede @ Full Compass:
1-800-356-5844 ext. 1386

Tell him Martin sent ya, and he'll hook you guys up.

Thanks although I live in Australia!!
Can't I simply email him?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back