now cant decide tv or pc monitor
Aug 1, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #48 of 53
Ouch, I forgot about VAT. Sales tax is usually ignored for online transactions in the US unless the company operates in your state, which is almost never for Iowa. I had to pay 6% for my online purchase of a Lenovo laptop but that doesn't bother me much when I consider the rates in other parts of the world.

No idea about the warranty. It might not transfer to other regions which is obviously not a good thing for a large purchase. Some companies don't care however so you'll want to research this.

Aug 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #49 of 53
Not worth buying a monitor or TV from abroad. You've got no warranty, expensive to return, importation charges, high shipping price. And the PSU may be 110v only. If it has a TV tuner it won't pickup our broadcasts or accept PAL frequency.

Aug 1, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #50 of 53
like iriver said, i think it would be a real hassel, plus i can see it getting here damaged, :/

if i was planning to go for a hol id def buy it that way tho

the dell here has a 24month dead pixel guarantee ita annoying that everything is SOOOO much cheaper in the US!!

Oct 8, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #53 of 53
Been using 32" samsung series 5 for the last 18 months as a pc monitor,once you get used to it you will NEVER go back to anything smaller.
Just make sure that the set you get is 1920 x 1080 and that it pixel maps.
Get a good video card with hdmi output and you will never look back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back