NoVa/DC/MD Meet: June 18th
May 28, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #46 of 112
Could people please post whether or not they will be able to attend. A yes or a no would be good. It is difficult to make a list if everybody is a maybe. Please post your gear as well. 

May 28, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #47 of 112

Quote:
Could people please post whether or not they will be able to attend. A yes or a no would be good. It is difficult to make a list if everybody is a maybe. Please post your gear as well. 

I will try to attend, although it might only be for a couple of hours. I can bring a Leben cs600. It's a big and heavy enough box by itself, so I'd like to not have to bring anything else -- would someone be willing to let me hook up to their source? I'd be very keen to hear the LCD-2s.

Cheers,
Pingvin

May 28, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #48 of 112
I posted this earlier but I will be bringing the following: AMB gamma1/gamma2, AMB beta22, LCD2, and senn HD600. I can also bring a bottlehead crack if people are interested. It is going to be a close finish, depending on whether mouser/digikey has all the stuff I need in stock, but I might be able to finish off my AMB alpha10 by then as well.

Is the cs600 the big brother to the cs300?

May 29, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #51 of 112

Quote:
Is the cs600 the big brother to the cs300?

Yes - it's got a more usable amount of speaker power.

Awesome, finally able to hear the Leben.  Note that on our last meet there were people who brought in an amazing amount of stuff.  I think a couple people had to make several trips.  Pingvin, I was going to contact you to listen to the Leben but I didn't think you'd be interested in any of my phones.

May 30, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #52 of 112

Quote:

If no one else is bringing one, I would like to hear the beyer dt880

No problem.  I also live only 2 blocks away so I can always go home for more.

Quote:
Yes - it's got a more usable amount of speaker power.

Awesome, finally able to hear the Leben.  Note that on our last meet there were people who brought in an amazing amount of stuff.  I think a couple people had to make several trips.  Pingvin, I was going to contact you to listen to the Leben but I didn't think you'd be interested in any of my phones.

I've brought as much as 3 boxes of gear plus 2 vintage amps to meets in the past.  It's kind of a pain though and not everything gets listened to, so I've been bringing less. 

There's also less interest in the vintage orthos now that high end modern ones are out.  I personally think that's silly because, while the vintage orthos aren't as good as the LCD2, they're not that much worse and the cost benefits ratio is fantastic.

Edit:  Is anyone bringing stats?  If not, I'll bring my Lambda.

May 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #60 of 112
Hey scompton is there anybody in this area who can service my Marantz receiver? I am not sure whether or not it needs it but the AM/FM tuning gauge flickers sometimes and I want to know if the problem could be something more than just that. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back