NoVa/DC/MD Meet: June 18th
Jun 11, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #76 of 112
I'm switching up gear - I really don't like traveling with the MAD and my grados are out getting re-cabled so I'll bring my Apex Peak/Volcano, Audio-GD NF1 and LCD-2 instead.  If someone is interested I can bring a FIIO E9 (amp) and E7 (portable DAC/AMP).  I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with 2 good tube amps.

In addition to potentially having a headphone amp for sale soon I just got a nice toslink cable today that I'm going to send back (I just wanted to compare it with what I had) and an almost new Marantz AVR that I'll be putting up for sale in about 2 weeks - in case anyone was looking for these things.

Jun 12, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #77 of 112

Quote:
I'm switching up gear - I really don't like traveling with the MAD and my grados are out getting re-cabled so I'll bring my Apex Peak/Volcano, Audio-GD NF1 and LCD-2 instead.  If someone is interested I can bring a FIIO E9 (amp) and E7 (portable DAC/AMP).  I still haven't decided what I'm going to do with 2 good tube amps.

In addition to potentially having a headphone amp for sale soon I just got a nice toslink cable today that I'm going to send back (I just wanted to compare it with what I had) and an almost new Marantz AVR that I'll be putting up for sale in about 2 weeks - in case anyone was looking for these things.

Give one to your favorite teenage Head-Fi'er that is arranging this meet. XD

On a serious note, I may be interested in the Marantz receiver and the Toslink as well come to think of it. My interest in contingent upon cost of course. 

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #79 of 112
I should be able to make it on Saturday. I'll bring my Audio-GD Roc and Ref 5, and my LCD2 and D7000. All my music is on my home server, so I'll probably just bring a laptop and stream music off Mog, or else borrow someone else's source. And I'm definitely in for some post-meetup drinks.

Jun 14, 2011 at 3:05 PM Post #80 of 112
Got damn.

No one else can bring an LCD-2 from now on. Hearing the LCD-2 last time is what is making me get out of headphones. It is as good as it gets and I can't afford to build a system around one. XD

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #85 of 112
It is weird how the LCD-2 seems to be taking over esp since they are rediculously expensive - worth the hype though.  I never even listened to them during the last meet - I had no interest and there was no way I would ever pay that much for phones.  Then I bought some anyway.  They have replaced most of my other headphones - but to get to my point I still like my grado 325's and the LCD-2's can't replace them (for me) - so there may be an affordable set of phone outs there that can give you more of what you want w/o having to get the dream set. 

Then you just have to make sure you don't listen to anything else!

Jun 16, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #87 of 112
Well unfortunately it looks like I will not be getting my a10 preamp done in time for the meet. Mouser had a few key parts backordered. I will still be there with the rest of my stuff though, will just have to use software volume control for my B22
frown.gif
. Looking forward to meeting everybody though and hearing all your gear!

Jun 16, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #88 of 112
Would anybody be interested in purchasing headphones and amps at the meet?  I couple of amps, and several headphones(IEMs, portable) I want to sell.  I can bring them if anybody is interested in purchasing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back