Noticing a problem with my EF2A
Aug 15, 2012 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Stewie1897

New Head-Fier
Well I just received my EF2A in the mail today after a few recommendations from friends. The sound is amazing even though I have only had for about 12 hours now. One problem that I have noticed is a faint static sound in the background. If you turn the volume up to anywhere after the 7th notch it gets a bit louder. Playing music over it or anything seems to cancel it out but its still a bit there. This is my first tube amp and I'm not sure if the tubes just require some burn-in or if that's something that happens with all tubes (though I highly doubt it). Any help would be much appreciated.

Aug 18, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
Well I just received my EF2A in the mail today after a few recommendations from friends. The sound is amazing even though I have only had for about 12 hours now. One problem that I have noticed is a faint static sound in the background. If you turn the volume up to anywhere after the 7th notch it gets a bit louder. Playing music over it or anything seems to cancel it out but its still a bit there. This is my first tube amp and I'm not sure if the tubes just require some burn-in or if that's something that happens with all tubes (though I highly doubt it). Any help would be much appreciated.

Never had the problem with either of mine--but then the 7th notch is far above the gain level I have played anything that the EF2A will adequately drive.

You might try a different input source to see if that is the source of the static.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back