Noteworthy headphone designs
Apr 15, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #16 of 24
I think everyone that has posted so far has skipped my two paragraph intro into which I put a good bit of thought. Please take my first two posts as examples, please do not consider this a conventional thread.

Apr 15, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #17 of 24

[size=medium]
Not really sure what you mean to be honest man. What I've posted I do conisder to be beautiful and unique headphone designs... what is it you were looking for?

I've lisetned to these ones and they aren't to my tastes, but god damn are they pretty...
[/size]

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #18 of 24

Quote:

Not really sure what you mean to be honest man. What I've posted I do conisder to be beautiful and unique headphone designs... what is it you were looking for?

I've lisetned to these ones and they aren't to my tastes, but god damn are they pretty...

x2 on both points.  While the Jelkin Floats and Ergos are ugly, I think the Peerless/MB Quart floats are attractive and worthwhile design.  I own the MB Quart QP 85.

The Stax Sigmas that were pictured on the magazine cover are the ultimate in function over aesthetics.

I'd nominate Thunderpants and the LCD 2 as high quality headphones both in terms of function and aesthetics.

Thunderpants

http://www.whitneydafoe.com/headphones/thunderpants/smeggy-thunderpants-woody-fostex-t50rp-orthodynamic-planar-headphone.html

LCD 2

Apr 15, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #19 of 24

Two noteworthy designs produced by Yamaha.
1: HP-1 designed by Mario Bellini.
2: YHL-003 designed by the Porsche Design Group.

Link to website with Yamaha design history.(caution flash website)
http://www.yamaha.com/design/index_f.html

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #21 of 24

Quote:

[size=medium]
Not really sure what you mean to be honest man. What I've posted I do conisder to be beautiful and unique headphone designs... 
[/size]

I just want to display the design in earnest, a post isn't valid or invalid because of the post-ers opinion of "what is beautiful," I actually hope to celebrate people's diverse tastes. It's the design of the headphone that I'm hoping to feature here, so in that light, discussion about whether people like them or not is kinda petty. I'm just envisioning a gallery of pictures, no text. A mosaic I suppose. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back