Note 2 - Neutron mp - Noozxoide EIZO! The N3's!!! :)
Jun 2, 2013 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

mygalaxyone

New Head-Fier
(Edited the title of this thread to convey the exact content of subsequent posts. Original title was 'help: making neutron mp sounding like an iphone 4s on note 2' )

I have been listening to Ipod touch 4g n iphone 4s. As someone has already described exactly here the SQ of these devices as "Right off the bat, the iPhone sounds better.   The trebles sounds better, more pitched. Voices sound clearer and more “forward” than the rest of the sound stage. And generally the music sounded like it “surrounded” you more. The music was way more 3 dimensional. Bass response seemed to have more impact, more punch, slightly SLIGHTLY more depth, and during some songs was CLEARLY “fatter” and more rounded off. There was definitely more quality bass from the iPhone.   The damn iPhone hits the bullseye on almost every area (output impedance, noise floor, thd, imd, crosstalk and output power)...why Samsung or HTC are never able to get there is hard to believe."

NOw I have samsung galaxy note 2. It sounds great. Installed neutron mp sounds even better. But still both are less of what above described for iphone.

I am not into tweaking settings and equalizers. So please somebody help me tweaking neutron mp to nearest sounding it toan iphone.

PArticularly, I want punchy bass and beats beats, clear forward voice and 3d surrounded sound that coming out of an iphone.

This is the first post of mine at head-fi. And m very happy to do this :) If this issue has been covered elsewhere, sorry for the repeatation. Please guide me rto the proper link.

Thanks in anticipation. :)

Jun 3, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #3 of 17
Hey guys,  I just tried to tweak settings of neutron mp, and got the  sound which nearly matches that of an iphone very well. Even sound spacing and saperation is better than iphone in my case. I know it will be different for different earphones but just wanna share anyway to have a quick idea for newbyes like me.......  

Sond source - samsung galaxy note 2 neutron music player
Earphones - jvc ha fx 101  

Neutron mp -> settings -> equalizer ->  

Low band,  gain,  dB.    2.48
Mid 1 band CUT ( MINUS)  - 0.88
Mid 2 band  3.95
High band 2.39
(Or boost and cut the above bands as per your earphones.)    

Low band cut off. 125
Low band q slope 0.750  

Mid 1 band center frequency 500
Width, Q.  1.75  

Mid 2 band 2000
Q 9.5  

High band   10000
Q  1      

Other options in settings-
Crossfeed off
Surround sound off
Fader off
Gapless On
Pitch On
Dither On
Rumbke filter on
Resamplibg audiophile    

My note 2 is quite audible now :) Please also suggest any better tweaks if you find so.    

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:
Hey guys,  I just tried to tweak settings of neutron mp, and got the  sound which nearly matches that of an iphone very well. Even sound spacing and saperation is better than iphone in my case. I know it will be different for different earphones but just wanna share anyway to have a quick idea for newbyes like me.......  

Sond source - samsung galaxy note 2 neutron music player
Earphones - jvc ha fx 101  

Neutron mp -> settings -> equalizer ->  

Low band,  gain,  dB.    2.48
Mid 1 band CUT ( MINUS)  - 0.88
Mid 2 band  3.95
High band 2.39
(Or boost and cut the above bands as per your earphones.)    

Low band cut off. 125
Low band q slope 0.750  

Mid 1 band center frequency 500
Width, Q.  1.75  

Mid 2 band 2000
Q 9.5  

High band   10000
Q  1      

Other options in settings-
Crossfeed off
Surround sound off
Fader off
Gapless On
Pitch On
Dither On
Rumbke filter on
Resamplibg audiophile    

My note 2 is quite audible now
smily_headphones1.gif
Please also suggest any better tweaks if you find so.    

I'm using Neutron on Note2 and you've correctly hit the key settings.  Most important ones are resampling and dither.  The EQ you can tweat based on your phones's characteristics and your perferred sound.  Personally I find the sound with eq off is the best.  You may also consider flashing one of those custom roms on XDA.  I'm using WanamLite with Pegeus kernal and I think it sound great for a phone.  Definitely better than with iphone4+EQu.

Oh, welcome to HeadFi and sorry about your wallet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #6 of 17
Before trying a custom ROM give a try to this "jewel" :

Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro&hl=fr
I'm using it on my Note2 8 hours a day with the default player powered with FLAC files and very very happy
L3000.gif

My settings : Noozxoide Balanced X-EQ™ "UNIQUE II" and Noozxoide LogicSurround ES™ "Studio II".

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #7 of 17
Before trying a custom ROM give a try to this "jewel" :

Noozxoide EIZO-rewire™ PRO

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noozxoidelabs.eizo.rewirepro&hl=fr
I'm using it on my Note2 8 hours a day with the default player powered with FLAC files and very very happy :L3000:
My settings : Noozxoide Balanced X-EQ™ "UNIQUE II" and Noozxoide LogicSurround ES™ "Studio II".

It seems that noozoxide is not available in google play in my country :frowning2: ......why?? Any other option...? :frowning2:

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #9 of 17
Downloaded it..installed it..and.......WOW!!!!!! No root and nothing else...just Noozxoide!!! The EIZO-rewire!!! WOW!!!  Seems to be my search is over!!! :)  

Just go to the setting --> sound --> music effects --> enable the noozxoide...
Now open the app --> line out audio monitor --> enable balanced natural soundstage --> AND YOU ARE DONE!!!
Put on the earphones and hear the magic!!! The MAGIC!!! Clarity and punchy bass!!!
Still not happy --> now go to the digital presets --> try checking different options and enable one of them which suits to your ears and earphones the most! Even you can eque it to your test by tweaking that equilizer image.  

For my budget budget jvc ha fx 101 earphones , when I was in BASSHEAD MODE (i.e basshead mood :)  ) , the UNIQUE 2 preset did the best job!!  

After a while just checked the 'VSUR and widen your soundstage' option and 'Create the room size' option kept to LIVE 2......and wow the surround sound  with each layer heard individualy without being them jumbling with each other!!  THE SURROUND SOUND !!!!!!!!  

After some time my basshead mode was tired enough that now my ears were missing that iphone like clear and complete sound --> so just changed the preset to  Gaming (PSYC)  --> and  oh man...it was sounding better enough than my iphone! With 'live 2' on, actually it was sounding like just my iphone but with more space, depth and surround sound!  

Just switched off the 'VSUR and Soundstage' option and actually it was sounding just like my old iphone with same clarity, the same punchy bass and the same FORWARD VOICE than the rest of the sound!  

But by this time, I was already in love with that surround sound, and so enabled the 'VSUR and soundstage' mode again, as this was 'appearing' sweeter than that from the oldy I.e my iphone! (...'appearing!)  

Now it was the time to try the Noozxoide Psychoacoustic 2 processor..! Just enabled the 'increase monitor size with added psychoacoustic' and kept the 'effect strength' to ' large'.  My first thought --> ' I dont wanna listen to this type of sound????' ..........but still i kept listening. After a while I happened to close my eyes while I was still listening. Few moments later on, just forgot everything and for a moment I thought I am hearing my big music system in my room....or were they the big speakers attached to my ears arround my head! For a while, I was totally unaware of that those were still my little in ear earphones! I realized this time why it is called the PSYCHO-ACCOUSTIC' . It creates the same illusion of big speakers! The illusionary accoustics! But for me, the moment you open the eyes, this effect fades away and again the previous thought appears like ' I dont wanna listen to this type of sound??' :) And that is my friends the 'psycho-accoustic' effect :) So please keep the EYES CLOSED and without any thoughts just listen to the song with this effect on.... and see the magic of psycho-accoustics!!!

So I did the same. Kept the psycho-accoustics on and its strength kept to 'large' .. (PLUS)  Natural balanced sound option on and digital preset kept to Gaming (psyc)  .. (PLUS) VSUR soundstage on and  room size kept to live 2......The song now started was  'All the people in the world' 3 by Safri duos ...with eyes still closed.......that start with those percussions......and as the song moves ahead......the Eargasm!!!!!! Complete Eargasm!!!!!!  

So much praise...but my happiness of listening is making me do all this. So please forgive me. :)
One galaxy note 2 and One pair of earphones.....still.... so many types of sounds!!!!! The basshead sound, the surround sound, the forward vocal sound , the balanced sound, the big speaker sound, the crystal clear sound and so on.........!!!
Though at times it may not sound natural :frowning2: but most of the times it sounds 'eargasmic'!!!! :) My sound source may not be an audiophile grade, my earphones may not be an audiophile grade , even my ears may not be an audiophile grade....but the experience of mine is really an audiophile grade right now!!!! :wink:  

The search is over!! :) Atleast for a while...   :)    

P.s.  The most important thing.... Thanks a ton to the developer of this great app! And thanks a ton to the Migou67 and walkingman56 and ofcource the head-fi forum for bringing me to this little great app! :)

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #12 of 17
That's great - I'm really glad it worked so well for you - I use it on my Galaxy S and have found it to be brilliant.

Cheers,

Andy

Hi andy,
Heard many a times that the galaxy s and voodoo sound has produced the best sound ever from a cellphone. So is it still the best combo yet for a cellphone? Never had a chance to hear this combo yet.....

Jun 8, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #13 of 17
Try ViPER4Android..you'll love it.here's the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hi etch04
Thanks for the suggestion. This seems to be another great thing too. But it seems that it needs a rooted phone. Being new to the android world, still not into the root and mod things. Once I get to know all this, will definitely try this one. Thanks again!

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:51 AM Post #14 of 17
Nooozxoide is fun to use. Try different combinations and you will get different sounds everyday! Today I just turned off everything including the balanced natural sound option, made equalizer to completely flat. Also turned off the vsur surround option. And listened to some old songs and those songs in which the acoustic instruments are used instead of electronic ones. As every digital enhancement was turned off, the music sounded most natural and organic. Later on I turned on the psychoacoustic while keeping effect strength to medium, and wow!!.... perception of the sound quality improved a lot with more space, depth , illusion of big headphones, warmness and improved 'natural' bass!!....Nothing sounded artificial or un-natural , it was still the organic music but 'enhanced' one. Didn't find such thing before where a digital enhancement improves a sound but still keeps it natural!
And one more thing....I dont know how it happens but the noozxoide enhances the bass without literally affecting any other frequency. All the other frequencies remains exactly as they are even after improvement in bass section! Never seen such a thing too before! May be my experience in music and sounds may not be that much but love you noozxoide! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back