not that anyone cares, but......
Jun 21, 2003 at 11:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

fyrfytrhoges

Headphoneus Supremus
my visits to headfi will be limited for a future period of unknown length. you see my relationship of 15+ years has come to a sudden end and I find myself having to move out of the house in the upcoming week, so I will lose one of my only refuges from the insanity that has become my life in the last few months, I will be able to post sparingly (time and security permitting) at work but I will be without a computer wherever I end up living, which at the moment is still undetermined. all I can say to the younger people on this board is be very careful who you give your heart to and make sure you know them very well, and even at that, I can say, after 15 years with the same person, she became someone who I don't even know anymore, which is really the hardest thing for me to deal with, stay single as long as you can and be sure it's the right one before making the ultimate commitment, or you will end up in my shoes, feeling like a doormat that's had quite a bit of foot traffic. sorry to bring you folks down but I just had to get that off my chest........

Jun 21, 2003 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 23
I feel for you man. 8 years ago my wife and I split up after 13 years together. It was a real shock to the system. The next few months will undoubtably suck, but trust me, there's light at the end of the tunnel.

I'd never lived on my own prior to our breakup ... always living with roommates or girlfriends so it took a little getting used to. However, I've really grown to enjoy being on my own. Not having to make each and every decision by committee is only one benefit. Living on your own timetable is another.

You even indicated yourself that recently, life with her wasn't the greatest.

After all this freedom, I really doubt I could live full time with anyone again.

Time does indeed heal all wounds. Try to stay busy and use this opportunity to make positive adjustments to your life.

Jun 21, 2003 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 23
I've also been where you guys have been. I wish they would make a pill to get over the bad way I felt. Time is the only cure. Keep on keepin on.
mbriant: DITTO on the staying by yourself. The only way to fly.

Jun 22, 2003 at 12:08 AM Post #5 of 23
thanks guys, at least I know someone out there knows what I'm going through, it's amazing how women can **** a normally grounded individual into thinking he is nothing but a piece of ****, not only that but I've lost 7 pounds in the process and I look like an aids patient (so I've been told by some "kind" friends of mine)

Jun 22, 2003 at 5:52 AM Post #8 of 23
Sorry to hear about the break up man. We DO care and feel your pain. These things suck, and only time will help you to get over the pain and shock of what has happened to you.

We're here for you, so please post away when you can. We'll provide all the support we can to help you through this tough time.

Jun 22, 2003 at 6:05 AM Post #9 of 23
I am on my third wife right now.
The first breakup I moved, the second I made her move, then I had to move. These things can get ugly. We do eventually get passed them.
Take the computer with you.

I remember with my first wife. I got mad and packed up to move. I grabbed the barbells and the remote for the TV and some clothes and drove off. Why I took the remote I will never know. It seems kinda funny now. Oh, and my pickup still has the dent the barbells made when I threw them in there.

Jun 22, 2003 at 8:31 AM Post #10 of 23
Sorry to hear about that man... Good luck and we are all here for you.

Jun 22, 2003 at 6:44 PM Post #11 of 23
Mr.PD, I wish I could take the computer but it's hers. and at this point I don't want any more trouble than what's already come my way, I'm getting worn out mentally already and I haven't even left home yet, I know it's going to get worse, but your replies give me hope that everything will heal in time.

Jun 22, 2003 at 7:22 PM Post #12 of 23
Sorry to hear your bad news
frown.gif

Better off alone... if nothing else, you'd look a bit silly shouting at yourself
wink.gif

Jun 22, 2003 at 8:33 PM Post #14 of 23
being a firefighter I've seen alot of scary things, been in a few scary situations, but being "alone" is something that I have really never had to deal with and I think that is what worries me the most. worst of all my closest friend is in the process of getting married, october 18th to be exact and he is pretty busy with all that, so it's hard to get support from someone who is that tied up with things and I don't want to seem like a bother to anyone.

Jun 22, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #15 of 23
Hi. Sorry to hear that. Here is a song for your ex.

Motorhead. 1983
Ya told me that ya wanted it
I knew it wasn't true
Turned out to be the facts babe
You know what you can do
You can go to hell, you can go to hell
Goodbye for you

Wrapped around your little finger
Under you thumb too
You know that I'm a singer
I'm singin' just for you
You can go to hell