Not sure whether I should upgrade or have two pairs of headphones
Jan 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jwusoccer

100+ Head-Fier
Hey everyone, i'm trying to decide whether i should upgrade to the audeze lcd-2s or not. I have the hd650s now, and although i love them, they don't really suit my needs for when i listen to bass heavy electronic music. The mid-bass is there, but i can tell that there is a huge dropoff when it comes to sub-bass. What i'm currently thinking about doing is saving up some money to get the lcd-2s and possibly sell the 650s. However, this would take a long time as they are expensive headphones, and i'm beginning to wonder whether i should just buy another pair of headphones for electronic music and keep the 650s. Could i get anyone's opinion on what i should do? I've always wanted to try the lcd-2s, and have no problem with saving up for them, but cost to performance wise, would it be better to have two separate cheaper headphones, or just have one? Thanks in advance!

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #2 of 4
Can you go to a meet and try the LCD2s there?

I got rid of my HD650s as they did not have enough "bass satisfaction". I am also a bit concerned that there might be better, cheaper coices (say the Denon or Ultrasones) than LCD2s for bassy music.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:35 AM Post #3 of 4
Unfortunately, there aren't any meets close to me anytime soon. However, my friend's friend has a pair. I'm seeing if there's a chance that i could try them, and if they are as good as everyone says they are, i'll make sure to post back in this thread.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 4
Upgrade or side-grade, it's always an issue.
* I forgot to mention, there's always the option of upgrading your DAC/Amp as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back