Not sure: PX100, PMX100, KCS75 ?
Apr 4, 2006 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

robert1325

500+ Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm looking for some headphones, and am interested in the Sennheiser px100/pmx100 and maybe koss kcs75's

I currently own some sony c33 clip ons and sennheiser mx500's . I really like the sound of the Mx500's. I want to use the headphone's for jogging and traveling (mostly car).

Which would be the best?

( PX100 = traveling and PMX100 =jogging ??)

Apr 4, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 35
The KSC75's are truly one of the great buys on the market.

I have the PX-100's, too - but listening to them becomes a chore after figuring out the puzzle box everytime. The KSC75's sound better, anyway.

Apr 4, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 35
Welcome aboard, and I am sorry to here about your wallet!
tongue.gif

Just go out and get the KSC75's first, because you will be very suprised at how good they sound for the price. You can't lose!

Apr 4, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #5 of 35
I'm willing to save up a bit of extra money if there's anything much better , at first I was thinking of the Grado SR60's, but they would not be very good while jogging and are very bulky while traveling...

So are the ksc75 really better for sound quality to? (I'm Kinda Hi-Fi freakish) How are the high's of the ksc75's? I don't like a "to bright" sound

Thanks for the reply's BTW.

Apr 4, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #7 of 35
I know the PX100 and the KSC75. The PX100 has a (slightly) wider soundstage and better mids, but tends to sound a bit metallic. Transitions between bass, mids and highs are quite sudden.
The KSC75 has a more balanced and more coherent sound and costs less. My vote, without doubt, for the KSC75.

Apr 4, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #9 of 35
OK, so for soundquality the ksc75's , are they really bad for jogging, like blessingx said in the above post?

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #11 of 35
the ksc75 is a good set of phones considering the price...but if you got good ears you will hear flaws in the sound for exampe what bugs me the most is the cricket sound they give when deep bass comes out...the px100 wont give any annoying sounds...and if you like bass the px100 is the better one too...it took me a few days to get the ksc to fit my ears properly even then i had to pres them with my hands to hear deep bass...so if you like koss sound i would go with porta pro....sounds better....i dont remember hearing the cricket sound in those....actually the px100 and porta pro is close to each others in sound compared to ksc75 and px100...i stopped using my ksc after i got the px...

Apr 4, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #12 of 35
the ksc75 is a good set of phones considering the price...but if you got good ears you will hear flaws in the sound for exampe what bugs me the most is the cricket sound they give when deep bass comes out...the px100 wont give any annoying sounds...and if you like bass the px100 is the better one too...it took me a few days to get the ksc to fit my ears properly even then i had to pres them with my hands to hear deep bass...so if you like koss sound i would go with porta pro....sounds better....i dont remember hearing the cricket sound in those....actually the px100 and porta pro is close to each others in sound compared to ksc75 and px100...i stopped using my ksc after i got the px...

Apr 5, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #13 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert1325
Hello,

I'm looking for some headphones, and am interested in the Sennheiser px100/pmx100 and maybe koss kcs75's

I currently own some sony c33 clip ons and sennheiser mx500's . I really like the sound of the Mx500's. I want to use the headphone's for jogging and traveling (mostly car).

Which would be the best?

( PX100 = traveling and PMX100 =jogging ??)

I have the PX100 and KSC 75's and I use them both for travel in car and for walking. Two totally different presentations to me. KSC75's kinda of bright and crunchy in a good sort of way. Great with lots of guitars, elec. and acoustic. PX100's are more neutral and true. All my listening with these phones via iPod 40G and Shuffle. PX100 has headband and ksc75 clips and slips over ears. Don't know which would be better for running and jogging.

Apr 5, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #15 of 35
I just recently got the KSC75's and they sound great to me. I got them for jogging and they haven't disappointed me yet. You can bend the clip to fit snugly to your ear so it's secure while jogging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back