Not much bass on the Sony MDR XB500
Mar 29, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #31 of 35
Quote:
I want to ask you guys one thing more:
Does the sound of the XB500 differ after listening for a while with them? I mean the sound just out of the box differs after use for some time as I read this on some threads but I don't know if this is true or not.
I just got mine and didn't try them enough but I wasn't satisfied enough when I tried them at the first moment I got them out of the box and that's why I'm asking.
Kindly reply.

I honestly don't feel that the actual sound itself changes much from the time you take it out of the box versus X hours later. What I do recommend though is since these are brand new and you just started listening through the XB500, give yourself some time to grow accustom to the sound. 

Usually its just a matter of having your mind get use to it. After that you start to appreciate what qualities they bring and can even nitpick and what things you don't like. For the price I think these are great headphones that deserve some time before you pass ultimate judgement. 

One last thing, what type of music do you listen to? These are great for EDM or bassy music. If you're listening to something like jazz or vocal heavy music then they will definitely sound sub par off of the XB500 imo unless you manage to find an Equalizer setting that pleases you. Give it a week before you decide on what to do with these though. 

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #32 of 35
Quote:
I think you're right and this may be one of the main reasons that makes me feel the punchy bass on the HD202 more than the XB500 as the Sennheiser's provide much more isolation than the Sony's and I don't think anyone who tried both can say otherwise regarding the isolation.

I think the Sony's isolate plenty good though, like I said it may be the shape of your ears

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 2, 2013 at 4:01 AM Post #33 of 35
I think the Sony's isolate plenty good though, like I said it may be the shape of your ears
Just don't pay attention to him.. Kid got his first pair of HPs I guess.

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #34 of 35
Quote:
Just don't pay attention to him.. Kid got his first pair of HPs I guess.

Or may be you're convinced with something that you don't want to change or discuss and if so, then why do you login to such forums? is it to convince others with your opinion only or what? try to just to say your opinion and let others also do that (and have more polite patience)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back