Not Impressed By The Zhaolu; Thinking Of Selling It
Feb 21, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #46 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by sydneyaudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you prefer your citypulse DAC to the OMZ?

Yes and no. With the LM4562 opamp, good coax and powercord ... it's very good.

The coloration of the OMZ don't make me "tap foot" and not envelopping me enough ...

The Citypulse match my "tones" preferences and give me the envelopping I want but It's lack (transparency, dynamic/speed and probably l want to have a better highs .. they a bit digital (with the OMZ, they rolloff) ) for a more "hi-fi" listening. With this sonority, I don't look to listen the third violin in the background (If you know what I mean)...

For 330$, it's can't really complaint ... It's a very fair value.

Feb 21, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by pompon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The coloration of the OMZ don't make me "tap foot" and not envelopping me enough ...
[] l want to have a better highs .. they a bit digital (with the OMZ, they rolloff) ) for a more "hi-fi" listening. With this sonority, I don't look to listen the third violin in the background (If you know what I mean)...

For 330$, it's can't really complaint ... It's a very fair value.

Ah, you should have got a TC-7510. Better and cheaper. You don't read owners of the Beresford MK6/3 complain about such things. As a matter of fact, you don't read MK6/3 owners complain anywhere on the net about their TC-7510.

Feb 21, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #48 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Herandu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah, you should have got a TC-7510. Better and cheaper. You don't read owners of the Beresford MK6/3 complain about such things. As a matter of fact, you don't read MK6/3 owners complain anywhere on the net about their TC-7510.

Blank-Picard_Facepalm.jpg

Feb 21, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Talking about complaints. (Another) one has been sent to the sysadmin.
Stop trolling! *****
mad.gif

Feb 21, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #50 of 61
This is the most entertaining thread I've read in a long while.

Learnt a while ago on here that you have to gauge what you say on here, who you say it to, and when you say it. In many situations, it's best simply not to say anything else and enjoy what you've got. If someone asks you about it directly, sure answer their questions. But otherwise, **** or risk being "branded" by others opinions.

Feb 21, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

A perfect cure for constant nagging!!!

Headon.jpg

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #52 of 61
Quote:

Ban this fool.

Feb 21, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #53 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by classic_rock_69 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ban this fool.

X one million. SO tired of his BS.

In fact, straight up, **** off Herandu.

I will take a ban just to say that.

Ori is simply doing some GREAT things with the Zhalou. It is a FAR superior dac modified than anything the beresford could hope to aspire to.

Feb 22, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #55 of 61
Quote:

And most people who would have found it poor did not bother buying it (either after hearing it, or word-of-mouth). Others just said 'whatever, it was cheap'... and forgot about it.

Feb 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #56 of 61
Quote:

The OMZ is one the *most* transparent DACs/CD Players you can find, i.e. the *least* coloration.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

a better highs .. they a bit digital (with the OMZ, they rolloff) ) for a more "hi-fi" listening.

I find the OMZ deliver clean highs, and they are very extended too. Nonetheless, you need check it with a reference system. I can hear almost everything recorded on a CD since I received my OMZ. My 12B4 (very transparent) preamp, 300-watt solid-state amplifier and Scanspeak (Revealator) drivers reveal every detail "hidden" in a track.

I doubt the culprit is the OMZ. You may choose another DAC to match other components in your system. In contrast, you may change those to see how your OMZ shines. This may be a chance for you to examine your system thoroughly.
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2008 at 2:23 PM Post #57 of 61
Hmmm, I see many of the peddlers of snake oil DACs coming out of the woodwork to pour scorn on the TC-7510. Finally their chance to attack the better but cheaper TC-7510. I guess that Beresford guy must have dented the profit margins of quite a few people
tongue.gif
. Zhaolu sales people pretending to be casual head-fi members etc. I guess there was a board meeting to issue an uniform response? Even C-Dee has now swapped female avatar for something else after being unmasked as a male pretending to be a female. When will the DAC salesman of a certain make also come out
wink.gif
?

Feb 22, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #58 of 61
Quote:

Hmmm, I see many of the peddlers of snake oil DACs coming out of the woodwork to pour scorn on the TC-7510. Finally their chance to attack the better but cheaper TC-7510. I guess that Beresford guy must have dented the profit margins of quite a few people
tongue.gif
. Zhaolu sales people pretending to be casual head-fi members etc. I guess there was a board meeting to issue an uniform response? Even C-Dee has now swapped female avatar for something else after being unmasked as a male pretending to be a female. When will the DAC salesman of a certain make also come out
wink.gif
?

= blah blah blah.

Owned both. No contest. Oritek is far superior.

Feb 23, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #59 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
= blah blah blah.

Owned both. No contest. Oritek is far superior.

LOL!

I haven't been reading the dedicated source threads in a while and i've been looking forward for days to Herandu's barging in and true enough; here it is in its full hilarious entirety!

never fails to make my day
thanks herandu. missed cha

Feb 23, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #60 of 61
Hi.Can you advise the difference for the SQ for 2.5 and 3.I'm thinking of upgarding my 1.3 to 2.5 or 3.Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deuginthesky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even 100% stock, the zhaolus are good sounding DACs.

I got a 2.5 and a 3, both are great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back