Not Happy with Fiio X1 sound quality
Feb 11, 2016 at 9:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

tusharthegamer

100+ Head-Fier
I got x1 two months ago with ed9 and piston3 earphone but my xiaomi mi3's SQ is much better than x1's. I dont see any better SQ with x1 i tried all settings on EQ but still the same. Any other recommendation i need something better than mi3 phone. 

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 16
Fiio products are grossly overrated.

If you want the benchmark in SQ in phones stick to Apple.

Otherwise most modern phones are fine. Most should be okay. But any iPhone would beat every other phone or DAP out there sans the limited volume/amping of the iPhone.

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 16
Feb 11, 2016 at 7:49 PM Post #4 of 16
I wouldn't go as far to talk down on FiiO or recommend A&K (affordable vs. hundreds/thousands of dollars). Sometimes not everything works out to your liking. I do agree that modern smartphones are very good in terms of audio quality, but not everything is great. What is your budget and what are you currently using for headphones?

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 16
  I got x1 two months ago with ed9 and piston3 earphone but my xiaomi mi3's SQ is much better than x1's. I dont see any better SQ with x1 i tried all settings on EQ but still the same. Any other recommendation i need something better than mi3 phone. 

What format are your files in? If they are less than 320 kbps mp3 then you might not hear a difference between your phone and the fiio X1. Try using the Fiio X1 with better earphones or headphones.

Feb 12, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 16
I wouldn't go as far to talk down on FiiO or recommend A&K (affordable vs. hundreds/thousands of dollars). Sometimes not everything works out to your liking. I do agree that modern smartphones are very good in terms of audio quality, but not everything is great. What is your budget and what are you currently using for headphones?

my budget is $200 can exceed more if the product is better than X1 by miles

Feb 12, 2016 at 4:03 AM Post #7 of 16

What format are your files in? If they are less than 320 kbps mp3 then you might not hear a difference between your phone and the fiio X1. Try using the Fiio X1 with better earphones or headphones.

i got Flac's and 320kbps mp3's but i think x1's EQ settings are very limited. Is there is a better device with 10 band eq with more features. 

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #12 of 16
Because it is flat. There is no audible distortion, euphonic or otherwise. All truly neutral amps/DACs will sound exactly like that.

Chances are you're listening at more than 60% of the iPod's volume. That may sometimes result in clipping.

Once you level match everything, the differences would be smaller than you expect. However, the iPod would still stay uncoloured and neutral.

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:56 AM Post #13 of 16
Because it is flat. There is no audible distortion, euphonic or otherwise. All truly neutral amps/DACs will sound exactly like that.

Chances are you're listening at more than 60% of the iPod's volume. That may sometimes result in clipping.

Once you level match everything, the differences would be smaller than you expect. However, the iPod would still stay uncoloured and neutral.

Any other device you suggest ? i can get a DAP and a AMP if i am getting good SQ 

Feb 13, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #14 of 16
With your earphones I suggest you don't waste any more on a DAP or AMP.

First get good headphones.

If still you feel like splurging then get an iPod with an amp to colour the sound according to your taste.

Feb 13, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #15 of 16
  i got Flac's and 320kbps mp3's but i think x1's EQ settings are very limited. Is there is a better device with 10 band eq with more features. 

EQ? Why use EQ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back