Not getting satisfaction from my entry "audiophile" headphones
Aug 14, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #16 of 18
how to delete ones double-post... ?

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #17 of 18
The simple truth is that sound is always very subjective. So far, you have been given some good, solid, well meaning advice. and you should completely ignore all of it. the truth is that the ksc75's are great phones. Yes, you can buy much more refined (expensive) headphones, much better (expensive) source equipment, and much more powerful, low distortion (expensive) amps. But you shouldn't. If you are happy with the sound of your ksc75's, buy more ksc75's. They are really good headphones. Enjoy them.

Aug 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #18 of 18
Quote:
Thanks for all the great responses so far!  I'm interested in good SQ, but only to a certain point, and I think I've hit that point as HamilcarBarca and Lorspeaker have pointed out. Unless there's a headphone, dynamic or electrostatic, with a massive increase in SQ within my budget (<300 dollars, preferably less by buying secondhand), I'll just settle with what I have now and learn to appreciate them. Maybe one day when my ears are extremely sensitive, I will invest in a >1000 dollar rig, but for now, I'm fine.

However, I am interested in a <100 dollar portable amp if it will significantly improve the SQ of my M50s and my 225i. I listen out of my iPod nano and my Dell Inspiron laptop. Should I even bother looking at amps at this price range? If so, does anyone have any suggestions?

It will not be a significant difference, if there is even a difference at all. I'm not sure exactly how powerful the Nano is, but both of those headphones are relatively easy to drive. I would get a FiiO E10 or other inexpensive DAC/amp combo for the laptop, and leave the iPod setup as it is. You're more likely to see an improvement from a better source than a better amp with headphones that sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back