Not another SE535 vs 4R thread ?!
Jul 3, 2013 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

stereoscopic

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I am looking to buy a new set of IEMs as I am finding myself commuting more and more these days, and listening to people snoring on the train/plane one the way home is getting tedious.

I have around £300 GBP to spend and have narrowed my choices to the Shure SE535 or Westone 4R.

I listen to (mostly) stuff like Pink Floyd / Roger Waters, Dire Straits, Bowie, Thunder etc, but have a bit of everything in my collection from Andre Previn to ZZ Top. I don't do D&B though 
confused_face(1).gif

My current set up includes a set of Etymotic HF5s with either a Sansa Clip+, LG Nexus 4, or HiSound Audio Studio 3rd Anniversary PMP. I also have a Fiio E11 portable amp, but don't use it very much with the Etys.

I crave neutrality and detail, and it is imperative that I am able to separate instruments / samples in Floyd/Waters' work.

Please don't throw another spanner in the works by recommending other IEMs - I am going to buy one of the two above, but I am not 100% sure which would suit my listening criteria best. I think I am set on the 535s, but I don't know why... I would also have to decide whether to get clear or bronze LOL. I can't find any dealers close to me to demo them, although I don't think I can go far wrong with either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Daniel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back