Not an iPod! (Archos 48)
Sep 26, 2011 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

DesireUsername

100+ Head-Fier
Howdy,
I've just purchased a Archos 48, which will be replacing my iPod of a measly 30gb...with the 500 gb Archos 48 which also plays FLAC files (!!)..needless to say I'm excited but also slightly worried because Archos, from what I've heard, has pretty poor customer service..and their devices tend not to..well, work.

I'm not too awfully worried because I've purchased a warranty on amazon insuring it..but in the meantime is there anything I should know in order to make the Archos work better or just improve my experience?
 P.S. I bought the tablet mainly to be used as a DAP despite it being advertised as a internet tablet...according to some articles the music playing capabilities outshined iPods, but I would love to have anyones input
Thanks!

Sep 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 16
Wow...500gb will be a ton of songs! Enjoy!

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #3 of 16

Don't go swimming with it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

>> I'm not too awfully worried because I've purchased a warranty on amazon insuring it..but in the meantime is there anything I should know in order to make the Archos work better or just improve my experience? <<

Sep 27, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 16
Good to know, I was more worried because quite a few of the devices seem to be lemons according to reviews..when it works its great, but people had problems within the first month or so from issues from dead pixels to the whole device just not starting.

Sep 27, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #6 of 16
sizecompare_en.png

I was using an iPod 30 gig

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 16
Has anyone had experience with the device before? I'm not sure what is the best way to get the music onto the device...i've only ever used iTunes.

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #9 of 16
I was planning on using WMP but a close second was Foobar 2000 anyone recommend one over the other?

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #11 of 16

I have Media Monkey and it is great. I haven't ever used Foobar, and it may be good also, but I know that Media Monkey is fantastic, has great library management features, is compatible with most DAPs, and is well respected.

Quote:
I was planning on using WMP but a close second was Foobar 2000 anyone recommend one over the other?

Oct 8, 2011 at 8:41 PM Post #14 of 16
Archos 48 is going great! Playing FLAC files on it through my HD 595s sounds great, I had to use Media Monkey as I couldn't figure out how to synch the Archos with foobar...Thanks for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back