Not a Happy camper.
Jul 8, 2010 at 12:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ford2

Headphoneus Supremus

Very Interesting auction on ebay au,do not think it will last long.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Pioneer-Amplifier-Receiver-Non-working-piece-junk-/250662309028?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Electronics_Audio_Amplifiers&hash=item3a5ca34ca4

Here is a copy paste incase they pull it.

[size=large][size=16pt]Pioneer Integrated Amplifier/Receiver VSX-D711[/size][/size]

[size=16pt]This piece of junk was purchased approximately 9 years ago and has been nothing but trouble for nearly eight of those years. I was talked out of buying Sony equipment by our good mates at Bing Lee in Brookvale, NSW – and parted with $1200 cash for this sub-standard amplifier and a so-called top of the range DVD player. [/size]
[size=16pt]The Pioneer DVD player gave up the ghost after 13 months – just one month out of warranty – and Bing Lee told me to stick it where the sun don’t shine, and refused to honor the warranty. I tossed it in the bin where it belonged in the first place, and then purchased a $49 Dick Smith Electronics DVD player which is still operating perfectly today.[/size]
[size=16pt]This Pioneer Amplifier started misbehaving not long after the DVD player and it too was no longer covered under warranty. One channel works (Yeah – I love listening to loud music in mono) and the unit overheats and switches off whenever it’s in the mood. The unit was packed up and put into storage where it had a relaxing nap for 7 years.[/size]
[size=16pt]Our good friends at Pioneer have a web site that also doesn’t work – I lodged a letter online recently after waking the Pioneer Amp which I have dubbed “Sleeping Beauty”, and frustratingly could not send the e-mail through. I copied the online letter and put it in the mailbox with good old reliable Australia Post. It’s been more than a month and there has been no reply from Pioneer Electronics head office.[/size]
[size=16pt]I went to Bing Lee in George Street Sydney to see if they would come to the party on a new or discontinued amplifier at a good price – and the best they could do was $420 for an average Onkyo unit – after all of the explaining and the threat that I would be posting the item on Ebay for sale with derogatory (though true) comments. Bing Lee said “We are a franchise”. I said “you have a national identity and advertise as a group. You should therefore ACT as a group.” I left that shop with the intent on never again buying a single item from Bing Lee or Pioneer.[/size]
[size=16pt]I walked up George Street to The Sony Service centre (located in World Square) and purchased a beautiful unit on special for $299. To date I have purchased over ten different Sony products and have never experienced a single problem with any of them – SONY the One and Only – Yeah Baby, Yeah.[/size]
[size=16pt]So if you’re crazy enough to want to purchase this piece of Pioneer s#*t, then I’d say that your either a representative of Pioneer or Bing Lee – because the price reflects my purchase price, a discomfort factor, a time factor, an annoyance factor, postage, packaging, handling and re-handling, Ebay fees, and the time taken to purchase a working unit.[/size]
[size=16pt]This listing will remain on Ebay until the item is purchased, and serve as a warning to others of two companies who don’t care, – Pioneer and Bing Lee, who both place profits before people. [/size]
[size=16pt]So let’s see what the outcome is for the small man – I will keep you updated – that is unless Ebay somehow have the listing suspended. If they do, then it will be at their own peril !!!!!! I no longer get mad - I get even.[/size]

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #4 of 4
These things do break. We have a "high quality" Yamaha DSP-A1 with a broken left channel and a failing VFD, but since it has pre-outs it works great as an AK4395 based DAC and volume control for Dad's music room.

Rather than throwing it out we recycled and repurposed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back