Norton freaking out on alessandro's site
Mar 7, 2010 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pulse14

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to take my first real dive and order an ms1 from alessandro, but my norton security is freaking out and complaining about some "certificate error."

Anyone wana tell me why norton says, and i quote, "If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website."

I love norton, but i hate when it finds a problem! I think its trying to save my wallet......silly norton
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #2 of 5
Because Allesandros certificate ran out years ago and was never renewed I think. There have been several threads on this subject in the past

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 5
yeah it's nothing I ran into the same thing and you just need to add the site to the eceptions list so it doesn't keep popping up or if you are worried you can call them and pay buy check

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pulse14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to take my first real dive and order an ms1 from alessandro, but my norton security is freaking out and complaining about some "certificate error."

Anyone wana tell me why norton says, and i quote, "If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website."

I love norton, but i hate when it finds a problem! I think its trying to save my wallet......silly norton
biggrin.gif

Little do people know that Norton security software is tied in with your bank and it knows the frequency of your deposits as well as the withdrawals. So if you visit sites that allow purchases and you put something in the basket that amounts to something greater than what your bank balance can cover or your credit score is too low, the software gives some bogus warning like what you encountered. Listen to Norton!
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #5 of 5
haha, thanks ear damage, but i havent overdrawn and/or ever bought on credit, im 16 :p

but as for buying, it is safe? i just want to make sure because this is my school computer (going to be used for colledge), and i don't want to have to go through backup-clear hd-reboot-reinstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back