North Carolina Head-Fiers!
May 3, 2010 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Kopenhagen

New Head-Fier
Hey I'm new to this site and wanted to introduce myself as well as see what kind of groups we can get together in NC! I'm in Raleigh and would love to set up some small get-togethers! So if you live in NC and are interested in some mini-meets to talk about gear/share music/whatever, say hey!

May 4, 2010 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 18
Yeah, I read about that, gonna be there for sure! I was just checking if there was anyone who wanted to do like small meets or what not
smily_headphones1.gif

May 5, 2010 at 1:55 AM Post #6 of 18
I'm in the Raleigh area and wouldn't mind a mini meet.

May 7, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #9 of 18
Nice, looks like we have a pretty good group! I'm new to this whole thing, so does anyone have a house/apartment to meet at or would we be doing the whole hotel/city center thing?

May 9, 2010 at 12:37 AM Post #11 of 18
A house meet works great, I've done it. all you need is a place to set up, Like a dinning room table and a few exertion cords to pull electricity from different circuities so you don't overload any outlets. Have soda, water and after a few hours send out for pizza. It's  a perfect day. Great fun, I'm going to do it again in the fall. Had 4 at the last one, 10 want to come to the next., All I need to add is a couple tables. and a few  Pizzas. I look forward to it, it's a lot of fun. While we were listening to stuff  I had a James Taylor concert playing on the TV,. Wireless Senn RS-140 provided the sound. A good time was had by all.

May 9, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #12 of 18
I agree, house meets are great! Fatcat hosted what I consider to be the best meet I have been to. With fewer people the noise level stays down so you can actually hear the gear you are listening to. I am interested but right now I am focused on Can-Jam. If you get a date post it and maybe some of us can attend. If you don't have a large enough (or clean enough) home I suggest checking with your public library. In my town the public library has small rooms available for public events that you can reserve. We've done loud dance party's in there complete with food and everything so a Head-Fi mini meet shouldn't be a problem.

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #15 of 18
This is the 2nd annual CanFEST as we had one last year with about 150 in attendance. How long it will continue is anyone's guess. But so far, it has been successful enough to continue and seems to be growing at a nice pace as far as vendors and attendees. We're not trying to set any records but rather just have a venue for people along the eastern US to gravitate towards in an easily accessible city with a large airport. Charlotte seems to meet the criteria nicely. Also, attendees and vendors are coming from areas other then just the eastern US. This is a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back