Normal shure sleeves too big...what about triflanges?
Aug 16, 2006 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

m00hk00h

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks.
I just bought some Shure E3/E4s.
BUT
I fail to insert the sleeves into my ear canal. It's not a question of the right technique - my ear canals are simply too small. They are too narrow and very much shaped like the digit "0".

I even failed with foamies! They were pushing themselves out of my ear when inflating again.

Now I think my last hope could be triflanges. But I don't know, how big (or better how small) the first flange is (the smallest).
So can someone provide me with a comparative picture of a triflange and the smallest sleeve from shure availabe?

And do you think that a triflange could help me?

Thanks!

m00h

Aug 17, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 4
Hi,

Are you shure your wearing them the right way with the left and right in the correct ear, wires pointing upwards and such? the tri-flanges themselves are the BIGGEST of the lot of shure tips and it wouldnt make any sense if you plan to trim away the 2 larger flanges, nor if your just planning to insert the smallest flange as there wouldnt be enough "penetration"
eek.gif
for friction to hold the phones in your ear, or there would be too much of the phone sticking out and thus pulling itself down...

Aug 17, 2006 at 12:43 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by fongalv
Hi,

Are you shure your wearing them the right way with the left and right in the correct ear, wires pointing upwards and such?

Shure!
tongue.gif

You see, I don't know how big the triflanges are! That's why I asked for a picture.

Oh, and it's all about diameter, not length!

m00h

Aug 17, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 4
Are you sure you pushed the foams in deep enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back