nOrh Problem- Did you have this??
Nov 6, 2003 at 10:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

amadeus-mozart

100+ Head-Fier
Hi All,

I've read many good comments about the nOrh company and their products. I've been planning on getting a set of their speakers. I have sent nOrh 3 emails over the last 3 weeks requesting information. I've not heard back once. They do not have a US warranty and no US office. If they don't even answer their emails what might happen If I purchased one of their products and had a problem. I'm sure they are fine products- but even fine products can have a problem. They are very reasonable but are pretty expensive to sell like a sack of potatos. Has anyone else had this problem with nOrh??

Regards,

AM
confused.gif

Nov 6, 2003 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 8
I think it's a matter of growing pains. About a year ago, I had no problems getting responses from him. But now that nOrh is more popular it's tougher. Michael Barnes has a pretty busy schedule lately. I can imagine it's tough to answer all emails, try to devise new products, monitor production, expand his company's presence, etc.

Nov 7, 2003 at 12:28 AM Post #3 of 8
I received reasonably prompt replys to my inquiries about my order. Don't know what to tell you.

Nov 7, 2003 at 12:43 AM Post #4 of 8
I've always gotten fairly quick replies from Mr. Barnes and his staff, on all my inquiries.

If something requires research, you may have to pester him with a few ticklers afterward. He will forward it to the appropriate person in the company to eventually resolve the issue/question. But I have never gone more than 24hrs without some kind of reply to all my emails.

Jan 7, 2004 at 7:38 PM Post #5 of 8
Hi,

I just ordered a pair of nOrh 3.0 wood drum speakers. To date I have received no to the 3-4 emails sent to nOrh. (1 month period) I have to say that under the circumstances I am not comfortable with this purchase. I've read only good things about nOrh and their customer service; hopefully they will fix this problem in the future.

AM

Jan 8, 2004 at 12:25 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
I received reasonably prompt replys to my inquiries about my order. Don't know what to tell you.

Ditto! Surprised that Micheal would slacken like this. Must be out for the holidays. Despite appearances to the otherwise, I was under the impression Norh is a pretty small operation. However I think you are wrong about the US warranty. The norh products used to have a worldwide warranty, the only downside being the shipping to Malaysia.

Jan 8, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 8
Michael usually replies to emails promptly, but whether you get your issue resolved is another matter. My marble 3.0s arrived with one broken binding post screw. It was just the screw, not the binding post, so I thought, hey, I'll email them and get them to send me a new screw. Michael did reply promptly and promised that Namphung would send me a new screw promptly, but I waited 5 weeks and it never came. I emailed Michael again and he said that he'd take care of it (again), but it never arrived either. I suspect I should have emailed Namphung directly, but I couldn't find her address on the website. I haven't been able to find a set of binding posts on the web with the same size screw, so I'm still using them with one missing screw. You probably have to pester them forever to get anything fixed. I just didn't have the patience.

Jan 8, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by kartik
Ditto! Surprised that Micheal would slacken like this. Must be out for the holidays. Despite appearances to the otherwise, I was under the impression Norh is a pretty small operation. However I think you are wrong about the US warranty. The norh products used to have a worldwide warranty, the only downside being the shipping to Malaysia.

Hi,

I knew you could ship the item/s back for repairs or they would arrange for the buyer to get replacement speakers here in the US. What I meant was that you could not take it (or ship it) to a US warranty repairs shop. I imagine that this would enormously increase the cost of the items. If everything is OK with the nOrh 3.0s I would probably upgrade to a better nOrh system. The fact that there are so many satisfied buyers is what influenced my purchase without any help or information coming from their end.
confused.gif
I know they are a small company selling a great product- but if they let their customer service slip, it will get around like wildfire. Oh well, I await their arrival with a bit of trepidation...

Regards to all for the New Year,

AM
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back