NorCal/SF Bay Area Meet 8/8/2009
Aug 7, 2009 at 1:43 AM Post #286 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hrm.. actually won't be bringing qualias since I swapped the headband from Mikhail's to the stock large-sized headband and that's not going to fit anyone except me and maybe like 1 other person if that.

I will bring both pairs of my Audeze LCD-1s though.

Oh no! Was very excited about qualia
frown.gif

Aug 7, 2009 at 2:03 AM Post #287 of 351
Well I can still bring it if you really want, but it probably won't fit unless your head is ginormous.

Aug 7, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #288 of 351
Quote:

I will bring both pairs of my Audeze LCD-1s though.

yeah! We'll have lots of these at the meet. My vintage orthos won't make it though, they're still out of town for highly experimental modding procedures.

Aug 7, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #289 of 351
Quote:

Hrm.. actually won't be bringing qualias since I swapped the headband from Mikhail's to the stock large-sized headband and that's not going to fit anyone except me and maybe like 1 other person if that.

lol, I'll try to squeeze in...
smile_phones.gif

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #292 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif

....Doc Bottlehead, who will be there, is an excellent photographer himself so you might want to talk shop with him......

Doc has some nice images.... but I am NOT taking my clothes off...
ph34r.gif

Got to start breaking down and packing up when I get home... will be a long evening... everyone come and listen to my rigs (a lot)... make it worth my while...
L3000.gif

Cheers,
Mikey

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #293 of 351
First post here from a long time lurker - As wmjh mentioned earlier the enthusiasm is contagious, I am looking forward to attending this meet as well. I'm a newbie to the world of cans (my first serious headphone purchase is a AT-M50S not too long ago - thanks to all the reviews here on head-fi), and as an avid DIY'er and an audio enthusiast, I could use this opportunity to meet with the peeps and their cool gear. See ya'll on Saturday !

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #294 of 351
Just stepped off the plane and am very excited about my first headfi meet tomorrow. I need to get some rest first...

Aug 7, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #295 of 351
I think Justin brought his small size pair so I will not be bringing my pair...

I'll have a couple friends with me as well.. hrm i just added up the attendees and it seems like there will be 71+ people there? what the hell? how did that happen

Aug 7, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #296 of 351
Raffle tickets are bought, amp ready to be raffled.
smily_headphones1.gif

Approximate value of amp is $150

Raffle tickets will be $5 each, think that sounds fair.

Raffle Draw will be held at 3pm.

I obviously won't be able to stand at the door for the entire time selling tickets so tickets will be sold at my table and I'll try to grab one close to the door and be easy to spot.
smily_headphones1.gif

If it's possible, I'd love to reserve table 1 for myself.

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #297 of 351
I just received a FedEx from Todd with the latest TTVJ portable headphone amp and USB dac designed by Pete Millett! Todd sent it for the meet so I will have it available for people to try out with their portable rigs or desktop rigs because it has plenty of drive for full-sized cans. The groovy 32-step attenuator with color-changing LED to show you the volume level is very cool, and the amp is thinner than mu iPhone 3GS, about the same width, and just a little shorter so it makes a great pairing. Here are a couple pics of the amp-only version from CanJam:

ttvjportable_6.jpg

ttvjportable_7.jpg

Thanks Todd!

Aug 7, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #298 of 351
I also received a FedEX the other day. Todd sent me the FET-A loaner for the meet. So far, I think it sounds fantastic.

Does anyone have an extra source they could bring for the FET-A? My imod works, but given the other equipment there, it will leave the FET-A at a disadvantage. Or if I could add the FET-A to someone's table who has multiple outputs or something that would work too.

Aug 8, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #300 of 351
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also received a FedEX the other day. Todd sent me the FET-A loaner for the meet. So far, I think it sounds fantastic.

Does anyone have an extra source they could bring for the FET-A? My imod works, but given the other equipment there, it will leave the FET-A at a disadvantage. Or if I could add the FET-A to someone's table who has multiple outputs or something that would work too.

I have never attended a Head-Fi meet before. Is it hard to get a chance to listen to a rig? I can imagine members bringing a plethora of amps, dacs, and headphones, but is there an adequate number of sources to allow everyone the time to test a majority of the rigs before the meet is over? Should I bring my iPod w/LOD, and my laptop (I have no special cables for connections to DAC/amps)?

Philip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back