NorCal, San Francisco Bay Area Meet 2/27/2010
Feb 24, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #181 of 235
Very much looking forward to this weekend. Been slackin' on listing gear, but I'll be bringing...

Comp/Denon DVD-2900 > Parasound d/ac 1600 HD* > (Headamp GS-1 as pre > Emotiva RPA-2 > AKG K1000) | (Stax SRM-007t > Stax Lambda Sigs)

* If anyone is seriously interested in testing 1600 v. 1500 v. 1100 I'll bring the other two DACs. Just let me know.

Feb 25, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #182 of 235
Hi, I new to head-fi, so I'm not sure what this meet is all about. are you guys just getting bringing your gears so you can test it out? can anyone swing by to see what's going on? If I want to attend, do i have to bring some gears?

Feb 25, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #183 of 235
you need to pass a basic ohm's law test. pens and paper will be provided.

if you qualify, you are allowed in.

if you fail that, you have a 2nd chance in the solder-off.

(hahahahaha)

its open to interested parties. just read the rules post and most importantly, ask the owner before trying things (sometimes the act of pulling a plug out would kill some gear!)

Feb 25, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #184 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by vuntruong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I new to head-fi, so I'm not sure what this meet is all about. are you guys just getting bringing your gears so you can test it out? can anyone swing by to see what's going on? If I want to attend, do i have to bring some gears?

That's right, no special credentials and no gear required to attend. Just read the Tips For Newbies post and come on by.

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #186 of 235
plan to bring opto cables. I'll see if I can throw together an 'octopus' with opto blocks. that would be really easy and that can chain off of any other opto signal (ttl is just easier and less parts count).

so, I'll bring the octopus (lol) and whoever nearby wants to chain into it, bring an opto cable.

whoppee! we're doin' spdif multicast! a digital party-line, lol

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #188 of 235
Looking forward to seeing everyone again and it looks like there'll be a packed crowd. These just keep getting bigger and bigger - next time there might be a need to book more square feet, eh?
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am attaching a room layout with my best shot at a distribution of the available space. Please stick to the table assignments and if there is some need to re-jigger we will assess that on Saturday. Asr will be in charge of opening the room hopefully around 9am and will hopefully have a copy or two of the layout.

Room Layout

9 AM is ok with me, and sure I'll bring copies of the layout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure about my neighbor, but I will not require a lot of space. I'm pretty sure a rig could squeeze in with me.

My setup won't take up much space either, half the table at most.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:15 AM Post #189 of 235
Hey can anyone bring a spare transport?

I'm bringing assemblage dac3.0 modded, balancing act and ad2ks... probably setting up on craig's table or near it (was so busy lately i forgot to reserve a table)

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #190 of 235
Frantically trying to Sort and Tag just under 15000 FLAC files.. never going to finish in time... :)

Thanks for the updates Al.. should be a great day (hope it does not rain on my equipment).

Cheers,

Feb 25, 2010 at 8:25 AM Post #192 of 235
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking Good. As I trust you all will be
wink.gif

Oh yeah, most of us are totally slick.
wink.gif

Little update on the raffle : I fixed the SOL MOSFET amp to work with pretty much all headphones (less "audiophile" approach, you'll see what I mean when you see the amp).
tongue.gif

Now on to the more important stuff - single malt or blended scotch?
smily_headphones1.gif
Who's got glasses for tastings or should I just bring a favored bottle and a big stack of plastic cups?
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #193 of 235
Word of Note they shut us down while we were trying to enjoy some libations after the gathering last time in this hotel... (at least in the conference rooms)... It is all about the single malts (but I am one sided in that way.. but distilled is close enough for me)... I have a handful of Glencairn and Mini Glencairn glasses that I can bring...

Cheers,

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #195 of 235
The game is afoot! Meeting up with the Travel Team later today and making plans as we go along. Nobody put up their hand for the concert tomorrow night or for meeting up in SF, but let us know if you are interested.

As for alcohol at the hotel, I think it has to be kept on the down-low for the most part. I will try to remember to bring a bag of plastic shot glasses. Not too sophisticated, but convenient.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey can anyone bring a spare transport?

I'm bringing assemblage dac3.0 modded, balancing act and ad2ks... probably setting up on craig's table or near it (was so busy lately i forgot to reserve a table)

I can bring my Onix CDP that has a s/pdif output for you to use as a transport. You should bring a cable though, because I cannot recall if I have one handy in Mayberry.

As for table assignments, I normally do not use them but this room is going to be tight with all the gear coming so people really need to stick to the assignments and we will work around things from there. SO, Icarium can share the table assigned to ironbut, which is next to Craig. Foo_me can share the two tables assigned to MikeyMad and FrankCooter. There should be room for both of those additions. I will mark up the chart to that effect.

See you all soon, and some of you sooner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back