NorCal Regional, August 25th
Aug 22, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #286 of 347
Just finished updating the list to post #285 + PM.

I don't know if I'll be able to retrieve my Equinox-balanced K701 on time for the meet, but with Voltron's Black Dragon K701 attending, maybe I won't need to.
tongue.gif
In its place though I've added an RP-21 for anyone who wants to check that out.

I'm also hoping my AE-2 and Go-Vibe V6 get back on time from Loaner #6 because that would be great!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 10:09 PM Post #288 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pencil me in, if there's room available. The only viable equipment I have left to bring is a Xiangsheng 708B with some NOS tubes, and I've no way to know whether that piece of kit survived the road trip intact.

Speaking of Chinese things. I have a 708 (not the B) that I use at work, but I have a Tube going out (6N3). So, this is a call out if someone has an extra 6N3-EY82 or other replacement tube. I will gladly pay for it at the show.

Cheers,

Aug 22, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #289 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recieved a copy of the DVD made by bperboy of the Steve Hoffman talk during HeadFest07.

I will make copies for the gathering for those who wish to have one.

Please PM me if you would like a copy.

There is also a torrent file out there for this as well http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3772100/...e_Hoffman_Talk

Cheers,

I got a hand full of requests for the Hoffman DVD. I will be making these tomorrow (Thurs) night (Friday is for beverages, and quality control would go way down).

Please send me a PM if you are interested in getting a copy.

Cheers,

Aug 23, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #290 of 347
909;3215553 said:
ironbut, here's your 4th R2R request! pretty please with tape on top, bring the RS-1500 to the meet.

Well, I guess I can shift an appointment or 2,.. the bad new is that I don't have that master tape but I can bring some nice jazz and classical.There'll be some tape hiss but they still sound pretty darn good! I was hoping that the real releases from the Tape Project would be out by now but they'll be another couple of weeks.

So ASR here's my equipment list;
Technics RS1500 reel to reel tape machine (modded)
Prototype Bottlehead all tube playback amp
Zana Deux with National Union VT229
AD2000
DT880 I think a couple of people were asking about these

Aug 23, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #291 of 347
Thanks ironbut! That's cool that you can make it with your gear and stay awhile too. The lack of master tape is unfortunate, but it will still be great to hear the analog bliss that skimpy magnetic tape can achieve.

See you saturday.

Aug 23, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #293 of 347
So I contacted Xin a couple weeks ago asking if he would be interested in sending a loaner amp for the meet. 2 days after my initial email, he replied with a very nice message saying that he would if he had time! So Ive been waiting for an update before posting here, because I didnt want to get all your hopes up...

Today he sent an email saying that "the package" went out today via usps priority. I have no idea what he sent (you all know what I suggested
wink.gif
) but lets all hope it gets here in time!
eek.gif
*i think it can, i think it can, i think it can....

either way though, it is a very kind gesture by the doctor. I can only imagine how buisy he must be right now. so thank you Xin!

Aug 23, 2007 at 6:15 AM Post #294 of 347
Awesome! Heh, that reminds me that Romanee and Jahn were hoping to hear a Xin amp at HeadFest expecting to find one there but there were none. Xin needs to spread some of that love in the direction of NYC now!
wink.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 7:36 AM Post #295 of 347
I'm bringing the cables to make my VDA-2 a balanced source btw if folks want to compare balanced DACs. The cables are not broke in however...this meet was the excuse to get them.

Bazile

Aug 23, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #296 of 347
Great news about the Xin amp!

I was trying to get a pair of Westone 3's from Doug but it didn't happen
frown.gif
sorry guys, what can I say... I tried!

Romanee and Jahn should have spoke up, I had a Super Macro IV with AD8397's in my truck
cool.gif

Aug 23, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #297 of 347
I'll be attending.

I can bring my Doge 6210 if folks are interested.

Also, I'm the new coordinator of the Bay Area Audiophile Society, and suggested in an email that our members attend.

(Maybe I wasn't supposed to do that.)

Looking forward to it,

Bob

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #298 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by teros1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, I'm the new coordinator of the Bay Area Audiophile Society, and suggested in an email that our members attend.

(Maybe I wasn't supposed to do that.)

I guess as long as they sign up. Asr mentioned no one gets in without being on the list.

Cheers,

Aug 23, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #299 of 347
I am going to have to bring a lot less metal than I listed since part of the trip is going to be done on a bike (to the train station mostly, but it is immediately limiting).
Cut down to:
Ultrasone Edition 9
Ultrasone Proline 2500
iBasso T2
Stello DA100
Trekstor Vibez

(essentially RSA Raptor is off the list). Also going to have to leave a bit early - depending on Wakeride's schedule.

Aug 23, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #300 of 347
I'll be leaving around 2:30-2:45 as we are having people over for dinner and I need to get home to help the wife get things cleaned and ready.

I do have good news though... I got confirmation from Doug at Westone that he's sending me some goodies. It's probably safe to assume that means a pair of 3's and some foamies for those who's like to try them out.
bluegirl.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back