NorCal Regional, August 25th
Aug 21, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #271 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it is indeed satanic, what is it telling you to do if you listen to it backwards?

[size=medium]Dnuos Repud Repus.[/size] Is that Latin? *

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=large]Sonic
Demonic
Succubus
[/size]

evil_smiley.gif
That's more like it! I guess I was wrong.
evil_smiley.gif

* I got the irony, btw, but it was the pretty colors that drove it home.
cool.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #274 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by neilvg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like how Grahame felt the need to define Succubus for us. =)

Neil

I don't know, you might have missed that episode of South Park
smily_headphones1.gif

Mind you, there's a <modified> quote in the wikipedia article that pretty much sums up Head-Fi

Occasionally they appear simply as an <Insert Head-Fi object of lust> in dreams that the victim cannot seem to get off their mind. They lure males and in some cases, the male has seemed to fall "in love" with her. Even out of the dream she will not leave his mind. She will remain there slowly draining energy from him.

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #275 of 347
California for life!

Aug 22, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #277 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
put me down as pending and my rig in my sig. the high-end sources and ultra fat SP amps are making it hard to not go. after that little tease meet yesterday, i seriously need my headphone fix satisfied.

Oh yeah, you know you want to do it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cclragnarok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please bring your Mini-DAC. It should be fun to compare it against the DA100 and the VDA-2.
biggrin.gif

No doubt! One great thing about my current rig is how easily transportable it is. I want another listen to the VDA2 as well, I think it might go quite well with the L3000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're going to be in the jam-packed K1000/Hi-End room, and me and my stuff are going to be out in the main room dude. You could change to the main room and share my EMM instead of Min's EMM, but you and others might prefer the maybe/slightly quieter environment of the smaller room. Up to you (unless Asr has other issues).

Should we have a contest to name the Satanic-XLR? I was thinking about what "SDS" would stand for in this particular SDS-XLR. My first couple of thoughts were these:

[size=medium]SATAN DOMINATES SINGLEPOWER[/size]

[size=medium]SATAN DIGS SENNHEISER[/size]

[size=medium]SATAN DIPS SKOAL[/size]

or, on a different tack:

[size=medium]SUPER DYNAMIC SATANIC[/size]

very_evil_smiley.gif
Anyone else have ideas?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh dear God, look what I've started!
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #278 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be able to make it in the afternoon. I'm not sure exactly when but I'll bring my stock AD2000's to compare with ASR's recabled phones. See you guys there!

Does this mean you aren't bringing that sweet reel-to-reel?! Tragic.
frown.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:27 AM Post #279 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does this mean you aren't bringing that sweet reel-to-reel?! Tragic.
frown.gif

x2!! I didnt get a chance to hear a lot of rigs at headfest, I was running around filming the event half the time. Dont get me wrong I had a blast filming (and would gladly do it again), but ironbuts reel-reel setup was something I missed
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #281 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironbut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be able to make it in the afternoon. I'm not sure exactly when but I'll bring my stock AD2000's to compare with ASR's recabled phones. See you guys there!

Ironbut,

Are you the guy that had the reel to reeel master tapes at the Internatinal meet. I missed that at that meet, but if you bring it to this one I won't make the same mistake twice. So if it's you I sure hope yuou bring that set up.

Aug 22, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #282 of 347
ironbut, here's your 4th R2R request! pretty please with tape on top, bring the RS-1500 to the meet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh yeah, you know you want to do it!

well it seems like i am going even got my wife wanting to go, but just need to see if my Mom can watch our dog while we're gone.

here's what i'll bring

Reimyo CDP-777
Eddie Current EC2A3
Audio-Technica ATH-L3000s

Aug 22, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #283 of 347
This summer has been an unmitigated disaster. After finishing law school in New York, I drove cross-country, in a tiny Mazda towing a rather large U-Haul, to my in-laws' place in San Jose to study for the July California bar exam. On the way, I utterly destroyed my only decent cans, some MS-1s and my beloved entree into higher-fi, my DT770s. (By the way, if anyone's passing through Bryan, Ohio, do me a favor and look along the westbound side of I-80....) On arrival, I found that thanks to an administrative SNAFU on my school's part I wouldn't be allowed to take the bar until February, so I'm left twiddling my thumbs at my in-laws' house for the next several months, trying to figure out what the heck to do next and calculating student loan payments.

So I figure, what better time to attend my first Head-Fi meet?

Pencil me in, if there's room available. The only viable equipment I have left to bring is a Xiangsheng 708B with some NOS tubes, and I've no way to know whether that piece of kit survived the road trip intact.

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #284 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pencil me in, if there's room available. The only viable equipment I have left to bring is a Xiangsheng 708B with some NOS tubes, and I've no way to know whether that piece of kit survived the road trip intact.

Sure, and feel free to bring the amp to see if it still works.
wink.gif

Aug 22, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #285 of 347
better late than never: I should be able to attend on Saturday :)
I will definitely bring my Corda Opera, my modded Onix XCD-88, my AKG K701, and my modded K340.
If I have time I'll also pack my Woo 3 but I see Artguy is already bringing one... perhaps I could bring some tubes to roll?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back