NorCal Regional, August 25th
Aug 19, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #211 of 347
Be sure to drop by the RJKDivin pirate table for your free 'gold' dubloons.....oh yea, and to listen to some very nice DIY gear....aaarrrgh
gs1000.gif

Aug 19, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #212 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Al, Yes, Joanne does know about this.

Ooh, whats that? Is it new? Can't you hide it?
So inside the A/V cabinet it goes.

The parentheticals mean that there are two of them, and that they are both silver. Outdated and outclassed? I prefer to think of them as not-yet-totally -obsolete. Besides, they are the collectors "Slimdevices" editions, as opposed to the less desirable "logitech" editions
wink.gif

Back to the Big 'T' - do you think Neil might consider it a worthy source for the meet?

Oh, I don't really think that the SB3 is outdated or outclassed in general, just in relation to the Transporter! I have two SB3s, as you know, one in silver and one in all black, and both of the desireable variety. I know the Transporter allows many more benefits, but the SB3 -- especially with my N_Maher power supply -- is a great source.

I would think Neil would be satisfied by the Transporter, but Mikhail is hoping I will bring my EMM Labs combo to use with Neil's ES-2 since Neil won't bring his EMM Labs AGAIN. I probably will bring them so you should be able to feature the Big T in your rig.

Aug 20, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #213 of 347
Some of the gear im bringing to the meet will be for sale, and I thought I would list them here ahead of time so you can all come with deep pockets.
biggrin.gif
The prices will be nice and low, due to no shipping and that nice person to person exchange.
biggrin.gif

HD600/cardas v2 -240$
Heed Canamp -300$
Darkvoice 336i -220$

let me know if you're interested

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #214 of 347
You had to have brought it anyway. EMM labs stack is like Voltron's blazing sword.

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #215 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of the gear im bringing to the meet will be for sale, and I thought I would list them here ahead of time so you can all come with deep pockets.
biggrin.gif
The prices will be nice and low, due to no shipping and that nice person to person exchange.
biggrin.gif

HD600/cardas v2 -240$
Heed Canamp -300$
Darkvoice 336i -220$

let me know if you're interested

Remember way back when, when we met at Guitar Center so I could buy your Headphile HD600s? One of my first Head-Fi transactions. Memories . . .
600smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You had to have brought it anyway. EMM labs stack is like Voltron's blazing sword.

331979995_5d44eb634a_o.jpg

True enough, Dan. I can't come to a meet unarmed.
tongue.gif
Are you going to have a little SinglePower something to share at the meet?

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #217 of 347
Ahaha, well I was going to bring the SDS for sure or unbox the SS-1 (Yeah, I ended up purchasing Richard's unit but its packaged up until I move into my new place end of the year). But since Mikhail is bringing tubes for my ES-1, I might bring that as well. Or some combination thereof.

Am I a Singlepower fanboy? Somewhat....

Did Mikhail get your amp out Al? Seems like he got Neils out, thank god.

Edit: I kind of don't want to bring my ES-1 because somehow the original owner sold it to me with crappy feet the spikes have already eaten through... so just putting it on my car seats isn't an option and they destroyed the box it got shipped in..

Aug 20, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #218 of 347
For the equipment list I will be bringing:

Supra XLR (upgraded)

SE & balanced Edition 9s

SE & balanced Senn 650

Oppo 970HD SACD player as source

This might be found in the Singlepower room with a bunch of other Singlepower goodies.

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #219 of 347
I was thinking of bringing this amp to the meet. It's very interesting, because the octal tubes are made in China but they are in fact copies of Russian tubes, judging by the crylic characters. The most bizarre piece of this puzzle is that these Russian tubes are actually copies of good ol' American tubes... A new world order?!
wink.gif

300B_amp.jpg

Aug 20, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #220 of 347
Oh wow, can't believe I missed this until (almost) the last minute.

Is it too late to attend? I don't even know if I can make it.

Do we just walk into the door? If ID is required, I have my ID from the Head Fest meet still.
icon10.gif

Aug 20, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #221 of 347
I'm almost 100% that I can make it.

I'd like to bring my Denon, Melos, HP-2, GS-1000, DIY Aleph, and K-1000s.

Let me know if this is too much and I'll just enjoy listening to people's gear. Should I be in the K-1000 room since, I'll be using the Melos for the HP-2 and GS-1000, or the main room?

Aug 20, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #223 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll like to attend, but it's the getting there that's killing the dream.

I would like you to attend with your L3000s
icon10.gif

Aug 20, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #224 of 347
Yeah, put me down for SDS/ES-1/Qualias (With [AK]Zip cable and others)/HD650s (Balanced Cardas)/Wavelength Audio Cosine DAC for sure... other stuff as well maybe.

Probably in the Singlepower Room I talked with Mikhail and he said there is space.

Aug 20, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #225 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's plenty of room still,

Sign-up also ends at 5 PM PST on the 24th. This will be a controlled-entry meet - I'm not going to let in people who aren't signed up, for reasons that will be obvious at the meet.

HOLY CRAP!! Almost missed out, and I was one of the first responders.

Sign me up.
Equipment-wise, I've got squat, but I'll bring it anyway.
My goal this time is to personally de-mystify the portable DAC-thing.

If I get down early enough or stay late, I'll help set-up or break-down, I'll bring my Home Depot back-support as part of my gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back