NorCal Regional, August 25th
Aug 16, 2007 at 5:10 AM Post #197 of 347
ok so i just sold my SR-80's to someone so i wont be able to bring them to the meet anymore.

is anyone bringing DT880's to compare my K601's to?

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #198 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who wants to buy a pk1 to bring to the meet? golly i'd like to hear a pair of these...

I can bring a PK1 (and a PK3 if anyone cares). Oh, and Asr, if your Go-Vibe V6 isn't back, I'll be glad to supply mine.

Aug 16, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #199 of 347
There's plenty of room still, since Mikhail is going to have his own room, so if anyone wants in, post now! I know there are still lots of California Head-Fiers that haven't signed up yet.
smily_headphones1.gif
And there should be enough space for more equipment too, so bring what you've got!

Also note that there are now three main items on the raffles list, see the first post for details!

I'm also going to need two volunteer assistants throughout the meet, to double as greeters and to help with setup & clean-up, so whoever can do that please PM me, thanks! (Setup will begin around 8 AM, and break-down probably around 6:30 or so.)

Sign-up also ends at 5 PM PST on the 24th. This will be a controlled-entry meet - I'm not going to let in people who aren't signed up, for reasons that will be obvious at the meet.

Aug 16, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #200 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Himself /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is anyone bringing DT880's to compare my K601's to?

i want to hear a dt 880 as well.

is anyone bringing a w1000? i see a w5k and a d5k. but those are touching the boundary that i dont want to go for a headphone, even for a luxurious wooden phone.

btw asr, i should be able to finalize my plan early next week and confirm with you.

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #201 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can bring a PK1 (and a PK3 if anyone cares). Oh, and Asr, if your Go-Vibe V6 isn't back, I'll be glad to supply mine.

great! Yeah, bring the Pk3's as well if you dont mind. Im actually really excited about hearing these. I think it would be nice to compare all 3 Yuin earbuds, so if anyone has PK2's, bring'm on down!

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #202 of 347
Woot, 200th post!

Equipment will be the same as Headfest 2007, minus the Rio Karma, but with two new additions.

Headphones
HD 650
HD 595

Amps
Corda Aria
Corda HeadFive

Sources
Slim Devices SqueezeBox 3 (Silver x2)

(Interconnects)
Blue Jeans RCA

Power (Cables + related equipment)

Miscellaneous
Nokia 770
WRT54GL based portable wired TCP/IP network with 802.11g wireless access
Laptop with N00GB (N=3 or 5 TDB) External USB/Firewire hardrive full of FLAC

New additions

A Radio Shack Sound Level meter, so you can calibrate your setups for safe listening as described in this post in this thread.

One more thing ...

A Transporter (silver)
cool.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #204 of 347
Well It looks like I'll most likely be able to make it. So here's a full list of everything I can bring

Ipod -turbodock, sik Ram Din
Imod

Xin Supermacro 3
Heed Canamp
Darkvoice 336i

koss ksc-35
HF1 w/flats, Vwaps, bowls (for a/bing)
HD600/Cardas V2

Skyline889 IC's

A Radiochack source selector, 3 sources in via RCA, one out via RCA

this last one could be really useful. I honestly can hardly tell the difference between the imod and ipod/w turbodock.
confused.gif
So I'd love to do some more comparisons and get your opinions about it. we could put the imod up against some of the big guns
biggrin.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 1:56 PM Post #205 of 347
Man, I was planning to try the D5000 at the meet before buying. Then APS put a recabled one for sale. So, if I receive it before the meet, I'll bring it.

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #206 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One more thing ...

A Transporter (silver)
cool.gif

Nice..... and thanks...... me want to hear again....
icon10.gif

Cheers,

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #207 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by user18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I was planning to try the D5000 at the meet before buying. Then APS put a recabled one for sale. So, if I receive it before the meet, I'll bring it.

Nice! I'd like to hear how much of a difference there is between this and the stock cable.

Asr - I'm about 1 1/2 hrs away so it may be a push for me to be there by 8am but if you don't get any volunteers for set-up please PM me and I'll make sure you have some help.

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #208 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Woot, 200th post!

Sources
Slim Devices SqueezeBox 3 (Silver x2)

New additions

One more thing ...

A Transporter (silver)
cool.gif

You devil, Grahame! you snuck a Transporter into your system?! Does Joanne know about this?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Congrats on the 200th post, and congrats on updating The Future setup!
biggrin.gif

One question. What does the parenthetical signify in this now-outdated and out-classed device: "Slim Devices SqueezeBox 3 (Silver x2)"?

Aug 19, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #210 of 347
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You devil, Grahame! you snuck a Transporter into your system?! Does Joanne know about this?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Congrats on the 200th post, and congrats on updating The Future setup!
biggrin.gif

One question. What does the parenthetical signify in this now-outdated and out-classed device: "Slim Devices SqueezeBox 3 (Silver x2)"?

Al, Yes, Joanne does know about this.

Ooh, whats that? Is it new? Can't you hide it?
So inside the A/V cabinet it goes.

The parentheticals mean that there are two of them, and that they are both silver. Outdated and outclassed? I prefer to think of them as not-yet-totally -obsolete. Besides, they are the collectors "Slimdevices" editions, as opposed to the less desirable "logitech" editions
wink.gif

Back to the Big 'T' - do you think Neil might consider it a worthy source for the meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back