NorCal Bay Area Meet location poll Summer 08
May 21, 2008 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

jp11801

aka JP-nums or JP-numbers
Lead Organizer for Can Jam '09
Ok it's pretty much time for a Bay Area meet and while I am partial to the east bay I wonder where most people think is most convenient. The timing will be late June/ early July skipping the 4th weekend of course. So vote so I can get an idea and then I'll scout a location.

May 21, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #2 of 24
I'm up for any, but prefer SF or SB. If anything is going to get me across the Bay Bridge though it will be a meet.
wink.gif

May 21, 2008 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 24
Around the area where we had the Head-Fi National Meet of '07 would be nice.
biggrin.gif

May 21, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 24
June 28/29 are the only days that will work for me in that time frame. Cannot do June 21 or July at all. How about setting it for that weekend?!

As for location, people are being flexible in their posts but simply voting for their own neighborhoods, so I am not sure how much this helps in then end.

A middle ground used before has been San Mateo because almost everybody in the area travels about the same amount -- except for the lucky few who live right there and the unlucky few who come from the North Bay. Prices for space are a bit more reasonable too.

Ronin74 has also mentioned that his condo has a room that can be reserved, but I cannot recall where he lives in the East Bay.

May 22, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #9 of 24
at Al's suggestion I am looking at San Mateo and will be talking to the meeting room people from a large hotel there in the next few days. At least this splits the difference for SF and SJ and is good for near East Bay. I think it is good for the overwhelming majority of people.

May 22, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #11 of 24
Prefer South bay but am flexible.

May 22, 2008 at 9:20 PM Post #12 of 24
I voted for SF, but really, anywhere would be fine with me. San Mateo is like 5 min drive.

I also have 2 buddies who aren't Head-Fier interested in coming as well.

May 22, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #13 of 24
Probably like most I voted local (Marin). I will pretty much travel to any place though.

(nice avatar JP#)

Cheers,

May 23, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeymad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably like most I voted local (Marin). I will pretty much travel to any place though.

(nice avatar JP#)

Cheers,

What he said.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #15 of 24
folks it is looking like San Mateo, I just got a quote on an 1100 sq ft room that should fit the bill. I'll post a new thread once the contract is signed and I am locked in. I hope to see you all there on 6/28
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back