NORAH JONES
Jan 8, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #31 of 38
I feel that anyone who says Norah "sucks" should re-think their ideas on why they like the music they do. It's like saying "I hate the Beatles, they suck." Both these artists are talented, and no one can deny that. I truly dislike DMB, but I have respect, and they are probably very good musicians. You dig what I am getting at?

Jan 8, 2003 at 9:08 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Pielet
I feel that anyone who says Norah "sucks" should re-think their ideas on why they like the music they do. It's like saying "I hate the Beatles, they suck." Both these artists are talented, and no one can deny that. I truly dislike DMB, but I have respect, and they are probably very good musicians. You dig what I am getting at?

dave matthews band sucks because they are incredibly talented, yet write the most mentally devoid and overrated music today. just because an artist is talented, doesn't mean they don't suck. having talent does not necessarily make an artist successful or good at what he/she does.

norah jones seemed talented, and it sounded like she had a pretty big production budget as well, but it doesn't mean i have to like her music or have any respect for her.

i don't need to think or re-think why i like the music i do. if it invokes the feeling for the moment that i want it to, it's beautiful and no bad review or disagreeing opinion will ever change how i feel about it.

Jan 8, 2003 at 9:20 PM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
dave matthews band sucks because they are incredibly talented, yet write the most mentally devoid and overrated music today. just because an artist is talented, doesn't mean they don't suck. having talent does not necessarily make an artist successful or good at what he/she does.

hehe, you know i'm gonna respond to this.....its unfortunate that dmb has taken a turn for more popular music, compared to their earlier works which were more thought provoking. Just listen to "Crash" or "Before these crowded streets," both are mostly devoid of radio friendly music, their first full studio release, "under the table and dreaming," only has one or two 'pop" songs, but the lyrics themselves deal with mature subject matter.

Jan 9, 2003 at 1:14 AM Post #34 of 38
Why do some people feel that songs have to be thought provoking inorder to be any good? I'd prefer it if bands had no vocals at all, since I hate most of their voices.

Jan 9, 2003 at 2:56 AM Post #35 of 38
"Thought-provoking" has never been something I require to like music. Simple can be just as good as complex, just depends on the implementation.

Jan 9, 2003 at 3:09 AM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Audio&Me
Why do some people feel that songs have to be thought provoking inorder to be any good? I'd prefer it if bands had no vocals at all, since I hate most of their voices.

you only own a few dozen cds, get back to me in 5-10 years when you've amassed a larger collection and have been subjected to far more music.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 9, 2003 at 2:51 PM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by dhwilkin
"Thought-provoking" has never been something I require to like music. Simple can be just as good as complex, just depends on the implementation.

i totally agree with you there. some of my favorite songs of all time are simple solo acoustic recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back