Noozxoide and Neutron versus Jplay for Windows
Dec 27, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #16 of 30
Wow, thanks for all of that info. it helps a lot. Now I know why I could not hear anything with the VE Engine. And also why I do not like too much of the surround sound effect. It is interesting to try the wider settings, but for longer term listening the "studio" setting is just enough space and air without jumbling the sound. But the best feature is the one that adds a little warmth and body (Psychoacoustic?).

I never used the compressor as that is not something I would want and my system does not need it. Although I could see using it maybe on an airplane to avoid having to turn the sound up too high and possibly hurt my ears.

Will the new N series be a complete replacement of the current app?

Keep up the good work, and maybe you should charge for your app. It is worth paying for.

Dec 27, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #17 of 30
This app was made for iems. I just listened with my REOs and it just fits well with the in the ear sound of an iem to be able to expand the soundstage, and also the psychoacoustic effect that gives a bigger warmer sound also seems to add a whole new dimension to the REOs. I am always surprised by how much I like listening to these tiny little headphones even when comparing to my MD5000s and HE400s. And add in the sound effects of Noozxoide and I am enjoying every minute.

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:
i tried the app...
i must say it is very good...
i'm wondering does it work with video playing apps...
have u tried?

Oh, I didn't see this post. It definitely works on video apps and games too, I can recommend you a "VPLAYER" a very clean and beautiful one. Plays almost all video formats in the world. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.abitno.vplayer.t)

Dec 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:
Wow, thanks for all of that info. it helps a lot. Now I know why I could not hear anything with the VE Engine. And also why I do not like too much of the surround sound effect. It is interesting to try the wider settings, but for longer term listening the "studio" setting is just enough space and air without jumbling the sound. But the best feature is the one that adds a little warmth and body (Psychoacoustic?).

I never used the compressor as that is not something I would want and my system does not need it. Although I could see using it maybe on an airplane to avoid having to turn the sound up too high and possibly hurt my ears.

Will the new N series be a complete replacement of the current app?

Keep up the good work, and maybe you should charge for your app. It is worth paying for.

Quote:
This app was made for iems. I just listened with my REOs and it just fits well with the in the ear sound of an iem to be able to expand the soundstage, and also the psychoacoustic effect that gives a bigger warmer sound also seems to add a whole new dimension to the REOs. I am always surprised by how much I like listening to these tiny little headphones even when comparing to my MD5000s and HE400s. And add in the sound effects of Noozxoide and I am enjoying every minute.

Hi Sir! Did you wrote a review at Google Play? \(^3^)/ Thank you! After enjoy reading your beautiful compliments, I make you an even wider range settings on EIZO-rewire PRO. And your tablet should receives a new update (v2.0.1.9) from Google Play by now.

The sound modeling on N Series is designed for only headphone monitor mainly. It doesn't support Bluetooth headphone or speaker. I just leave the PRO Series at Google Play, more prototypes will come from time to time. Each prototypes are different.

And you are absolutely right. PRO Series was designed for IEM. N Series is for IEM and fits well on non-IEM as well with the speaker size supports (40Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz, 150Hz). Well, I will charge it when the emulation issue is completely OK.

Thank you. Hope you like it.

(EDIT) VSUR Distance and Velocity: FOCUS (1 meter), STUDIO (3 meters), STUDIO II (4 meters), LIVE (20 meters), LIVE II (30 meters)

Dec 28, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #20 of 30
Thanks for the info and for the update with more settings. I will let you know what I think once I have had some time to listen.

I am glad to hear the Pro series will still be available as I like it, especially on my REO iems. That is funny that I thought it sounded so right on iems and it turns out that is what you designed it for. The Hifiman REOs need a little warmth and your app makes them sound great.

And I will try the N series when it comes out. Maybe it will work better with my larger headphones. When do you think the N series will become available to try?

Dec 28, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #21 of 30
Hi Akaruryutaro,

I listened some to the update. It sounds good and it is nice to have a wider selection of settings. Thank you! and yes I did write a review on Google Play. You are very welcome and I was glad to write it.

I do have two suggestions for possible features/upgrades: First, I have still been playing with using the surround sound in Noozxoide and the crossfeed in Neutron at the same time. Most of the time it works and gives another take on the sound. It seems to provide the air and space of your surround sound without the sound getting to scattered or jumbled. It is fun to hear the wide soundstage of your surround effect, but it also can be tiring and the music gets a little confused. But with the crossfeed in Neutron on at the same time, the sound comes back into focus and yet still keeps the more spacious feel of the surround sound. I am not sure if I am describing it well, but you could just try using both features and see what you think. The only drawback is it sometimes seems like in louder passages there starts to be some distortion. I am not 100% sure the distortion is coming from these two features running at the same time, and if I just turn down the volume, it goes away. Anyways, maybe you could add a crossfeed to Noozxoide that would for sure work well with or without the surround effect.

The other suggestion is a little bit out there, but one of the drawbacks with most Android devices is that you cannot use an external USB DAC. However, someone just released a new app that does allow the use of external dacs called USB Audio Recorder Pro (on Google Play). Unfortunately, it was designed as a recording app and has very limited playback features (you can only play one song at a time) so it is not really a usable music player. And another drawback is that it does not work with your Noozxoide app. So if I hook up my external dac, I give up being able to use Noozxoide and Neutron. There is a lively discussion of this problem and about this new app here:http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/1110#post_8973836 and also on the Neutron forum here: http://neutronmp.com/neutronforum.html (look under "plug-ins"). So it would be totally awesome if somehow your app could access external DACs similar to the way this other app does, especially if it also still allowed the use of Neutron or other music players.

I will leave you with a quote from the Neutron forum where DanBa explains how the USB Audio Recorder Pro accesses external DACs. I am not a developer so I do not understand most of this, and I have no idea if it will work with your app, but I would guess that you could probably sell a lot of apps if you were the first to give people a easy to use way to hook up an external DAC to an Android device. There are a lot of people here on Headfi eager to have this feature, and while Google may add it to Android in the future, it would be great to have it now.

Here is the quote from DanBa on the other forum:

"As far as I understand the USB Audio Recorder PRO application includes the USB audio module.
It interacts with the USB module of the Android Linux kernel via the standard interface "libusb".
http://libusb.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html

It doesn’t use the Android audio framework, and thus it can avoid the 16/44.1 audio mixing limitation.
It can support 16-bit or 24-bit streams up to 192kHz.

A USB audio source code:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Main_Page
https://github.com/sgs3/GT-I9300_Kernel ... /card.c#L2
https://github.com/sgs3/GT-I9300_Kernel ... /sound/usb
DanBa "

Jan 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #22 of 30
Hi Sir, I am sorry for the late reply. I was busy on something very important so I skipped reading blogs and forums. Happy New Year 2013 to you! ♪(* ̄ω ̄)v

[source] --- [crossfeed (fx)] --- [VSUR (fx)] --- [AMP] --- [MONITOR (headphone)]
[source] --- [crossfeed (fx)] --- [VSUR (fx)] --- <NO AMP> --- [MONITOR (headphone)]

You are describing it very well, when you closing your eyes listen to a music and your ears trying to locate the sound images (instruments, vocal), but they are moving all around and randomly, and your eyeballs is spinning randomly too with your eyes closed, when using VSUR (the "inifite-images") surround sound effect. I am using Neutron too and I love it so much.

If you are using without an AMP, when you leveling up the master to maximum on your Nexus 10 it definitely will clipped, if, this is the distortion you are trying to describe. The AMP output power from any Android devices is about 10mW to 300mW? per channel (average, as far as I know).

There are 6 FX processors in total on EIZO operates in a network, the last update was enable EIZO to handles huge data process stream from a video player supports MKV format when playback 10GB video quality. Both CPU and RAM consumption are also increasing. So, I planned to add the crossfeed fx on other EIZO series.

That is kind of headache Google does not standardize to all android devices. On EIZO desktop version for Windows platform supports various of external DAC and internal DAC/soundcard. EIZO was designed to uses emulation technique to take over the SPU as a host for signal processing and required a driver to work. For Android version it doesn't designed to use USB audio module. All these prototypes are prepare for hardware version on ARM-Cortex A8 industrial-level platform. Which means it allows user to add EIZO module(RISC) on their amplifier design. Like DOLBY. (my idol..) Still...practicing... Ha! Long way to go boy! (o_ _) sounds like I am disappointing you sir.

Jan 1, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #23 of 30
No, you are not disappointing me at all because I still like  your app. I was just hopeful that maybe you could do something like what the USB Audio Recorder Pro app on Google Play does and bypass the internal DAC to feed an external DAC. but if that is not something that you can add to Noozxoide, I  understand. Hopefully someday Google will add external USB DAC support to the Android OS, maybe with the next release of Key Lime Pie.

And I have found that turning down the volume on my Nexus 10 tablet does seem to avoid the distortion I was occasionally experiencing, and it is not a problem because I am using an external amp to drive my headphones, and I can boost the volume back up with my amp.

As I mentioned in an earlier post I also have been using my Acoustic Research TDS202 TDS Sound Enhancement Sound System (http://www.amazon.com/Acoustic-Research-TDS202-Enhancement-1-Speaker/dp/B00005QZ16/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) and that adds a lot of detail and liveliness to the music. I wonder if the effect in that device could also be done digitally with you effects processor. I have no idea what it does exactly,  but here is a reivew of an earlier more expensive version in Stereo times that describes some of the theory: http://www.stereotimes.com/acc110198.shtml and I guess they did have a software version: http://tdsaudio.net/audiogate.htm but it seems maybe the company is not in business anymore as their storefront is not working. I think they licensed the technology to Acoustic Research for the unit I am using.

(Edit added: I have stopped using the TDS202 as while it does what it says it does and boosts low level sounds for greater details in the music, it also in my case boosted a bit of hiss coming out of my Nexus 10 tablet. So after going back and forth a bit, I decided the extra detail was not worth the extra hiss. My system is pretty detailed already so I can live without the boost.)

And do you have any idea when the N version might be ready to try?

Thanks again for your great little app!

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #24 of 30
So today I got a new pair of Audeze LCD-2 headphones and tried them out using the Noozxoide app on my Nexus. The surround sound effect is even better with these headphones. So far there is none of the confused sound I would sometimes hear, even on the widest settings of the surround effect. I don't know if it is because these are better headphones than what I have been using, or if they are more forgiving. In any case, it really lifts the sound out of my head and into the room to use the surround sound effect and it creates more detail and instrument separation.

Jan 14, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:
Oh, I didn't see this post. It definitely works on video apps and games too, I can recommend you a "VPLAYER" a very clean and beautiful one. Plays almost all video formats in the world. (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.abitno.vplayer.t)

No worries my friend...

thanks for the recommendation... i'm using the MX Player which is free... haha i'm a cheapo when it comes to apps... but i must say that Noozxoxide is very very good... keep up the good work man...  u have turn my phone into a great music player... will rooting of my phone improve the app's performance?

Jan 15, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #26 of 30
Thanks. But no rooting required at all. (http://dogsbark.net/portfolio/eizo-rewire-pro-series/). By the way, "VPLAYER" has free version too.

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #30 of 30
Outstanding indeed! Been using the E that the Pro, the Pro is good for mainstream music, but I'm into more on contemporatry classical and chorale so E Series suits me better. Can't wait to try out the N Series as soon as it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back