Noontec Hammo (reviews, impressions, etc)
Aug 11, 2013 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

bhazard

Headphoneus Supremus
The Hammo is the newest flagship headphone from the same company that made the Zoro line (Noontec). At first the Zoro headphones looked to be a cheap chinese knockoff of Beats, but Innerfidelty and CNET were able to show and measure that those headphones were in fact, very good headphones, especially for the price. The Hammo has been out for a few weeks possibly, and I got a great deal from Tanga on them. I don't see many places offering them yet, but based on the Zoro's success, that may change soon.

Initial first 10 minute impression through my Audio-GD NFB 11.32... I love them.

LOTS of bass. Normally I need to bump up ~30hz a bit on a lot of headphones to get the bass I desire, but I have no need with these. Bass is powerful, and it isn't muddy at all. Very clear and engaging.

You would think the mids would get scooped from all this bass right? Nope, mids are clear across all genres of music. I can throw it anything from EDM, acoustic, rock, and 90's rap, and they stay prominent in the mix.

Treble seems a tiny bit hot at first, which may smooth out after burn in, but it still also remains extremely clear and engaging.

Soundstage and imaging seem to be as good as a closed back headphone can provide.

Basically, everything they say in their promo material is 100% true.

http://en.noontec.com/En/Products/MusicalHeadphone/Hammo.html

The carbon fiber looking carry case egg looks awesome too. These might be my favorite new headphone under $120 right now (Tanga) ($179 retail). If you can get them for $120 or less, DO IT!.

Aug 11, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 58
Just looking to see whether you were honest in your statements. I personally found the promo materials quite open to interpretation in some regards.

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #7 of 58
Anyone have experience with the Hammo and the ATH-M50? I've been thinking about picking up a pair of over ear headphones as my corsair headset doesn't have the best quality. I've been using a pair of zero audio carbo bassos which are in ear and I think over ear can produce a different type of sound...so I wanted to try a higher end pair of headphones.

Oh and bhazard I know you think they sound better than your M50s (read your comments on slickdeals haha). Just looking for more opinions before I make a decision between the two. I'm definitely open to other recommendations though :)

Sep 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #8 of 58
  Anyone have experience with the Hammo and the ATH-M50? I've been thinking about picking up a pair of over ear headphones as my corsair headset doesn't have the best quality. I've been using a pair of zero audio carbo bassos which are in ear and I think over ear can produce a different type of sound...so I wanted to try a higher end pair of headphones.

Oh and bhazard I know you think they sound better than your M50s (read your comments on slickdeals haha). Just looking for more opinions before I make a decision between the two. I'm definitely open to other recommendations though :)

There is another thread here somewhere, where people are saying their Zoro HDs sound more neutral or a little better than these. I can't comment, as I don't own the Zoro HD.

I've been trying a bunch of chinese headphones too. The Superlux 681 EVO and Takstar HD6000 compare very well to these, with the HD6000 sounding a little better. Both can be found on aliexpress.com for less than the Hammo.

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #9 of 58
There is another thread here somewhere, where people are saying their Zoro HDs sound more neutral or a little better than these. I can't comment, as I don't own the Zoro HD.

I've been trying a bunch of chinese headphones too. The Superlux 681 EVO and Takstar HD6000 compare very well to these, with the HD6000 sounding a little better. Both can be found on aliexpress.com for less than the Hammo.

Ah so I suppose I can't really go wrong with any of those choices. I'll probably just go with the M50s. They're pretty expensive at the moment though...

Sep 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #11 of 58
Just got my set in from Tanga. Nice set of headphones, good bass, mids and treble. haven't put enough time in for any serious reviewing. I am wonder if anyone else has tried to change the pads on these? I have ATH-M50 pads and they should fit except when I took the original ones off I noticed its really really difficult to put any other type of pad under the "lip" that hold the original pads on. Why in the hell did they do that? Not sure what to do...

...edit

I figured it out. Pretty simple, there is a spacer around the entire housing (the lip). It is made to pop out, with light pressure on the Up/Down/Left/Right sides. Very gently so you don't break it off. Then you can put it around the new pads and snap it back in. The ATH-M50 pads fit with a little patience. They are a bit bigger than the stock pads and cover my big ears better. Might increase the bass a bit as well. Can't A/B the difference though. But they are thicker and more comfortable.

Sep 7, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #12 of 58
  I'm inclined to get these headphones. Before I make the decision, how is the microphone? And how are they in terms of comfort; do they clamp too much?

I can't comment on mic. But they do not clamp. I don't have a huge head, but def not the kind of clamping force I experienced with something like the Audio-Technica ES7. Very comfortable besides the heat created by the pads on your ears.

Nov 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM Post #13 of 58
Hi, this is my first time posting.

I just got my Hammos today been waiting for them about a week now.
I can only compare them from the original noontec Zoro's, and what i noticed right away was the bass. really deep and strong.
But, the sound clarity sounds a bit muddy on my end, im hoping that i need to burn it out first. my Zoros sound really clear compared to my hammos right now, im hoping that will change.

Dec 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #15 of 58
Received my Hammos, sound quality is horrible, as you are saying, treble and mids sound too low, and the bass is overpowering them. Did a little crying and after took out the pads. Sure thing, the driver was obstructed by plastic sticker, took out the sticker and now they are better them my beloved Zoros. It is a pain to put back the pads and I am not responsible for any damage to your headphones, please return if not comfortable with the procedure. I used a plastic card to push back the pads. Checked the Zoros and, of course, there are no stickers on the driver. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back