Noontec Hammo (reviews, impressions, etc)
May 14, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #46 of 58
I'm predominately using a Sony Xperia SP with Viper4Android. Packs quite a punch for a phone! I may do a YouTube review thinking about it.. There is a distinct lack of those in English, so hopefully it might be of some use to someone!

Jun 4, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #47 of 58
Please do make a video review. I have been torn on keeping my Harman Kardon CL warranty replacements, or selling them to buy these, and that review would help a lot. For future reference, the durability of the CL's is horrid. They stopped working after six months of use and careful handling.

Jun 13, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #49 of 58
Hi,
I got my Noontec Hammo today, I've been using Noontec Zoro and I love it. I got a very nice deal here in Germany for the Hammo. My trusted Noontec Zoro had made such a huge impression that with full confidence, I went on to buy the Hammo and honestly, I am not impressed. I've tried both on same music files on my HTC One and there's a clear difference in audio quality. Zoro produces a much clearer sound compared to the Hammo with much richer bass.

I went through the previous posts in this thread and got a hint that there's some plastic sticker which could be the problem, is it true? Will removing those stickers help?

Hammo was supposed to be better in all aspects than Zoro, but it doesn't seem so, does anyone else feel the same? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sep 13, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #50 of 58
Sorry for the delay, let's make it easy, look through the black cloth and you can see the driver. If you see the circles in the driver plastic protector, you are OK, if you see black sticker you’ll  have to remove it. With the sticker (forgotten by the manufacturer during the assembly) obstructing the sound path the headphones are horrible, when removed they are amazing, I had several under 500$ headphones and kept the Hammos.

Sep 26, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #51 of 58
Noontec is now shipping these with a black piece of foam behind the cloth so you can't see the driver at all. I took the pads off and the sticker was not there. I tried the phones with and without the foam and they definitely sound better without it. 

Sep 26, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #52 of 58
I want to thank vegatel34 for discovering this and turning me on to one of the best buys I have ever gotten on headphones. Here is an update to the sticker thing. My Noontecs have a black foam pad that is behind the cloth you see in these pictures. You can't see the driver. I took the pads off and the stickers are not there. I tried the phones without the foam and they sound tons better. Leave the foam off. I then asked myself how would the factory replace these pads easily? There must be a catch. There is. If you put a thin putty knife (or any fairly wide, thin object) in between where the pads get tucked back in, you can pop off an oblong plastic ring that holds everything in place. The pads can then be stretched easily back over this ring and the ring snaps back into place. You can buy these at Buy Dig.com for $70 delivered.

Dec 9, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #54 of 58
  I want to thank vegatel34 for discovering this and turning me on to one of the best buys I have ever gotten on headphones. Here is an update to the sticker thing. My Noontecs have a black foam pad that is behind the cloth you see in these pictures. You can't see the driver. I took the pads off and the stickers are not there. I tried the phones without the foam and they sound tons better. Leave the foam off. I then asked myself how would the factory replace these pads easily? There must be a catch. There is. If you put a thin putty knife (or any fairly wide, thin object) in between where the pads get tucked back in, you can pop off an oblong plastic ring that holds everything in place. The pads can then be stretched easily back over this ring and the ring snaps back into place. You can buy these at Buy Dig.com for $70 delivered.

Can you post some pics please on how you did this? I think I need to fix mine because I get a muddled sounds experience

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #55 of 58
Any idea how these stack up against the new Zoro II HD's? I'm trying to grab a pair for my brother and can't decide which is better. It looks like the new Zoro II HD's have a superior build quality. I hope the audio is the same or better than the Hammo

Right now I can buy the Hammo's for 57.00 New with free shipping

or 

the new Zoro II HD's for 100.00 new with free shipping. 

Thoughts and opinions?

Dec 29, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #56 of 58
Ended up going with the Hammo. Bought a pair for myself and they are AWESOME!

Also removing the black sticker is a lot easier than having to tuck the flaps back in all around. It might sound risky or scary but if you just pop off the entire ear piece it will pop right back on.

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #58 of 58
I recently scored a lightly used set of these for around $20.  Looking forward to getting them.  Hopefully, I won't be disappointed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back